Mound city got to tow a toon tomorrow

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Sep 23, 2009.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Tomorrow I need to run down to Mound city and tow a pontoon over to the boat ramp with my tracker w/ a 50 horse. Not worried about towing it. what I am thinking is how do I put it on the trailer?
    I got my Ideas but would appreciate all Ideas.
    If any locals would like to help I'd appreciate it. My crew will be my dad and He's limited on what he can do. And My Mom. She is freakishly strong yet her bones can't take it any more.
    I guess Its going to come down to fancy driving. Hope I'm up for it.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Just back the trailer in a little deep, and use the winch to pull her right up. They trailer pretty easily.

Bill in SC

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    thats what i would do. you can back the truck in over the tailpipe safely as long as it stays runnin while submerged

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I've loaded another toon with my toon before by tying up to the side, like your rafting. Back the trailer in deep, then just pull up beside the trailer as far as you can. Then like Bill said just winch her up the rest of the way.

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thank you Bill. I never trailored a toon before. Its My Dads and I just got to keep it running.

6. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks guys for the help and the vote of confidence.

7. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I had to let you all know how my adventures went. Well
    Today while I was towing My dads Pontoon to the boat ramp. Now mind you He can't do allot any more so, He did what he could. Getting to the ramp wasn't a problem, But at the boat dock it got a little crazy. Some how my Dad untied us. So in a desperate fix I tied up To a couple of my Rod holders. They were handy and he was about to ram another boat. They held and we pulled it off. No harm done! BUT it wasn't pretty. Now you got to remember I have only owned a boat for a year or so and no prior experience in a power boat. My Dad Has forgotten more about boating and fishing than I may ever know. My Mom couldn't go with us cause the roof appraiser just got the and we had to go. And my Mom was my ace in the hole. She is freakishly strong for an aging woman. And can relay a message as it was said.
    Big John from Bass Pro came down to tow it in and He wasn't going to get wet. So we pulled it one way then another. It was a make due size trailer. I'm thinking this is a bunch of BS and just wanted to dock and manually push it. I can't get to the dock. they have it blocked needed another 2 feet.
    I wish I had video of this. You guys would of loved it and some of you probably would have had to change your shorts. It was that Ugly.
    :dribble:​

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    alls well that ends well !! :big_smile: