Moultrie with Roundhill - 10/24 and 10/25

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tillmac, Oct 26, 2009.

1. tillmac

tillmac New Member

State:
    SC
    Roundhill took myself, my cousin, our wives and 2 of my cousin's children out on Moultrie this weekend. The bite was slow, but the Roundhill managed to get us on a 33 and 18 pounder, plus about 12 others. Some of the guide boats got skunked, plus we were the last boat in the first day and doubled the amount in the cleaning tub at Canal Lakes, so the Roundhill REALLY got the job done under tough fishing conditions. The fish were scattered and we caught fish from 11 to 50 feet of water. They seemed to prefer Roundhill's special cutbait - but make sure you are UPWIND if you ever open that bait bag - lol. We all had a great time with a great guide. I'll try and post some more pictures from my wife's camera. What I've tried to post now is the best shot from her cell phone (I'm the guy with the beard). Captain Ron, thanks for a great time and getting my cousin his PB freshwater fish with that 33 pounder. We'll see ya again later this winter.

Attached Files:

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    a good time is always to be had fishin with the roundhill....

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Roundhill knows where to get 'em! Good report, and welcome to the BOC!

Bill in SC

4. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thats good yall caught some fish with the tuff conditions

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Sounds like a great day on the water!! 33lbs is a nice cat anywhere in the country:wink:

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Ol' Roundhill is the Sultan of Smack on Moultrie, You did well and did yourself justice by hiring him. Santee with Roundhill is the bomb!:wink:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Drew thanks for sharing your trip with Roundhill. Congrats to your buddy on his freshwater PB.