Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish seem to be moving into a post spawn bite pattern. Took my sister for the 1st time. She had a blast. Caught 15 Blues and lost probably another 10. Several we lost were big fish I know for sure. Let her catch most of them. She was wore out by the end of the day. Caught a # 27,25,24,17,15,14,12,12,12,12,10,10,10,5,5 for just over 200#'s. The 27,25,and 24 were CPR. The rest she took home for her and her daughter. Most fish came from 15-25' on shad and bream. They bit all day long. No specific time. We had a blast and both got way too much sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gizzard shad was $9.00 dozen and Blacks has big herring for $18.00 a dozen. I use the gizzard shad when I can find it. All of our fish came while trolling or drifting cut bait.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dean, I'm no guide. I'm just a man that loves to fish! Thanks for the compliment though. We have had some sucess lately. It's not always like that as we all know. I've been trying some new spots the past year and trying to learn the lakes better. You can spend a lifetime learning Santee Cooper. Trying new spots each and every trip. I guess the hard work is paying off a little bit. This year has been different with the high water levels all winter and now with the hottest April on record. I believe the spawn came a little early this year and that now the Blues are transitioning to a post spawn bite. But thats just my opinion. Dean, PM me anytime if your down this way and want to hit the lake. I have a small center console but its perfect for 2. Kinda of crowded with any more but I've done that too. CPR the Big Ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.