moultrie fishing trip 5-23-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by iceman, May 25, 2009.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    well, Took my brother in law and his two boys 10 and 14 fishing saterday and had a grand time, We put in at Angels landing and fished that area from about 7am till 2:30pm. They took turns reeling in the fish. we caught 4 channels about 4lbs each, 1 blue about 8lbs, the boys were starting to get a little restless because of the wait and then it happened. it was the youngest boys turn and the pole went down hard. His dad took it out of the rod holder and handed it to his son. he reeled and reeled and reeled some more. he was about wore out but it was almost to the boat. Just a few more cranks of the reel and it broke the water. A reel nice blue that shocked even his dad. I netted him and he weighed in at 30lb! We took some pics and they were just amazed at the size of that fish. Well it was the older boys turn and about 20 min. went by and a rod went down hard again. He cranked that reel and brought a nice 30lb flathead to the boat. Again they were stuned by the size of the fish.these two catfish were the biggest these kids or the dad for that matter had ever seen. shortly after that the rain ran us off the lake. all fish were caught in 20 to 30ft on fresh gizzard shad. A great time was had by all. Cant wait to take another kid fishing. I will try and post some pics soon.

GARY

2. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Good job Gary sounds like you and the kids had a blast

3. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Great fishing. Lot better than I did that day. Those boys will never forget those fish and when they 60 those fish will be really big.

4. billy29435

billy29435 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We had a great time Gary thanks.Here are some pics

Attached Files:

5. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    These are the kind of posts that I love to see...awesome...do you see the smiles on their faces...priceless...bet you didnt know they could grin so big...:big_smile:

6. CatFISHJunkie

CatFISHJunkie New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like ya'll had a blast

7. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like an awsome time. Those are some good fish, congrats

8. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Very nice, they will never forget that.

9. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    Billy, thanks for the pics cant wait to go again! i love that Moultrie! its alot easier to fish then Marion. this rain might effect them a little but they are out there. i'm still planning on the weekend of the 5th.

GARY