Moultrie 6/26 - 6/28

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadsalyer1, Jun 28, 2009.

1. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Well I just cant get that nasty smell of a skunk of me and my boat. Fished very little due to wind conditions this weekend. Made a run over to the hatchery to get in the stump fields to try and pick up some channels friday, but turned around a few hundred yards from it due to 3 foot waves breaking over the bow of the toon. I had the wife and my 1 year old on the boat and just didn't want to take the chances I normally would by myself. There is little to no bite going on close to short stay. Everyone I talked to was strugling to catch any fish, so that did make me feel a little better. I managed 1 channel 3 1/2 lbs. in 2 1/2 days of trying to fish. The water temo was stable at 85 degrees.

I dont guess I could really call it a skunk, but the last 2 or 3 trips out have only produced 1 or 2 fish per trip. I dont know if the heat has messed them up or what. I am gonna keep trying though. I guess thats why they call it fishin and not catchin.

Steve