Moultrie 5/22-5/24

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by lakemoultrieblues, May 26, 2009.

1. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    We fished Friday night for a little while and managed 1 small blue. I had to get back in early so I could make it to the breakfast Saturday morning. I really enjoyed meeting a lot of you. It's nice to be able to put a face with a screen name. We thought we would get out on Saturday but couldn't get through painting in time. We went back out Saturday night and caught 8 anchored in 3.5 ft in the trees. Again sunday we thought we would get to fish in the daytime but still didn't get to. We went back out sunday night and caught 10 anchored in 3 ft. All were caught on cut shad and perch. Big fish for the weekend was 28 lbs.

2. greenwoodfaithful

greenwoodfaithful New Member

State:
    south carolina
    We also fished Moultrie this weekend. Brought home 42 fish ranging from 3 to 22lbs. When the weather let us (only have an 18ft flat bottom), we drifted the dike on the left hand side of the lake. Fished seemed to like the 12ft range. Cut bream and Shrimp was the best bet for us this time. The 22lber came off the shrimp and it kinda surprised me. Seemed like the more trash on the bottom in 12ft of water, the better. Places with a falt bottom just didn't produce anything. Any little depression seemed to hold the fish. The wind was just brutal on the lake at times and kept us away most of the weekend, but any little break we could find in the wind we tried it. I believe we may have brought home a pile if we could have stayed out in this area. The morning bite seemed to be the best time too. I haven't been to keen on shrimp at Santee until now. Coming back in 2 weeks and I will have enough shrimp to last the week this time.

3. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Mark it was good to meet you at the breakfast and talk for awhile. Glad yall managed some fish over the weekend, I was going to come back down but got tied up at home the rest of the weekend. Congrats on the fish though, maybe next time you'll be able to get out day and night.

4. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great report Stanley, sounds like yall had a heck of a weekend even with running from the winds.

5. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Great report....glad to hear you caught a few...I havent used shrimp at Santee as of yet...but I will make sure to have a bag next trip I make from good ol Greenville down there...hopefully real soon:big_smile:

6. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Good job guys, thanks for the great reports.

7. greenwoodfaithful

greenwoodfaithful New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks guys. It was a ball. I was skeptical of the shrimp to, but had a few bags in the freezer and glad I took them. To pass on some more info, the Greenwood bite seems to be good also. A few of my buddies have fished two days there and caught 22 and 24 channels. Biggest being only 8lbs but still fun to jerk on. The where drifting in 16ft of water with cut bait from the burnt trussell to the golf course and back both days. Only area they fished. My try Greenwood this week sometime.

8. SEA DUCE 2

SEA DUCE 2 New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey guys, went to santee two weeks ago and killed the cats in lower canal with shrimp, we had to reel up all but four rods because they were hitting so good. Biggest was a 15 pounder blue. We had 22 the first day, mostly channels, but a few good blues. this was the first time I took shrimp along on our trip but I won't go without it again, not only is it easy to fish with, stays on the hook, and doesn't stink up my boat and they keep for days !!! Good luck from Greenwood !