motors

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Tunnel Rat, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    water was real cold, but i was determined that we were not losing it, was wet all day but good Lord gave us a blessing. i will need to check motor secure more o0ften, keep fishing and remember" you cant fish without coffee".

2. flattymatty

flattymatty New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Did you pull a "JJ" and have to jump in the water after a motor, john? Did you save the motor? Hope things worked out. Glad you're safe....and warm now I hope:wink:. Semper Fi.

3. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Johnson/Evinrude motor clamp bolts are aluminum. If you over tighten them they will strip. If the tail of your motor gets high centered while launching the boat off the trailer, the motor comming off that transom (transom less than 2 years old).
    Mat, see thread "delaware river".
    John please do not try to tighten up the motor clamp bolts. I'll come up in a few days and we'll make a lever to hold the motor competely out of the water when launching.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    You better hurry Ron....I think I seen John digging out the welder:smile2::smile2:

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i dont like coffee......and hope the motor is ok...

6. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    The difference between a Yellow Cat and a Channel Cat is how much coffee you soak your dough bait in.