MOTORHOME REFRIGERATOR TROUBLESHOOTING

Discussion in 'Capt Steve's RV and Camping Talk' started by Capt Steve, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Recently I wanted to verify that my refrigerator was working like it should. A little research found this great information-
    REFRIG DIAGNOSTICS

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks a bunch for the link. I don't think these newer ones have to be level. I ran mine on propane all the way back from TN and it kept working fine. I have not got the 12 volts hooked up from camper to truck yet. lol

On propane and 120 it works great. Ice Cream spoon bending cold. Ya. lol

3. Bubstr

Bubstr New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here is a trick I got from a fellow camper. was on a week camp out and the unit wasn't cooling. Smell it for ammonia and it smelled ok. My neighbor said burp it. What????? He said put the food in a cooler. slip the refrigerator out into the isle and turn it upside down. Then right it put it back and hook up lines. Let it set for a while and turn it on. Darned if it didn't work. It was just the first sound of the death rattle of RV fridges it did die later but got me threw that vacation and made life a little better for a while.

I guess what happens sometimes is the ammonia in the tubes gets thick and creates an air bubble that stops it from circulating. This cuts down or stops cooling. I have heard of some that burp their fridge several times before it cashes in it's chips. This is better than smacking the TV. LOL