motorguide

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by katman#1, Oct 22, 2009.

1. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    just wondering if anyone has a pontoon bow mount varimax trolling motor I have been looking at it for my pontoon please give me the scoop on it

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I have a trolling motor on the front of my toon and it works great. Motor guide 54lb thurst on a 24 ft pontoon. A must when the wind stops:wink:
    I don't really know what a varimax is but if its at least a 50lb thurst it should be good.

I have a pinpoint trolling motor that comes with the fishfinder (has 5 tranducers) for autopilot. I will sell it, the only reason it ain't on my boat is it takes 3 battery's to run. 80lb thurst, you don't even need a gas motor.:smile2:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009

3. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
  4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks Curt, thats the same one i have on my boat. Its nice, has a handle that will slide out and in as needed, it don't get in the way. All you have to do is move it up and you can even pull the boat on the trailor without it hitting. And did i say its plenty strong. Mine come on the boat so i'm not sure of the cost

5. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Dean,
    Could you post a picture of how you mounted this (on the trailer) please? I want to see what it looks like in TRAVEL mode.....would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Curt