Motorcyle Nation

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Fireman4c, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Lets discuss Motorcyles. Its getting to be that time of year. Break them out, change the oil, wash um and get them on the open road! Spring is just around the corner. Every time I walk through my carport my Sporty looks at me from under the cover and I see a little tear drop running down, I tell her do'nt worry babe its almost time!!!!!!!

2. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hear ya man.I dont winterize mine though I just fire her up every few weeks cruise around the neighborhood for a few minutes if the road permits.Still cant wait for spring to do some serious riding.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    As I read this there is 20+ inches of snow on the ground!

My Ultra is mad at me as I only rode about 200 miles last year. Gonna get her out a lot more this year.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    In the last 25 years I've had three Harleys but I must be getting a bit of mid-life crisis syndrome because I have been looking very hard at a Ducati lately.:roll_eyes:
    ...W

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    You betcha! Motorcycles is the answer to the oil shortage. I rode mine in March 3-4 years ago. Got a full face helmet, and keep skin covered. After 35 mph it don't get no colder anyway. This time of year, gotta be careful about ice, but I worry about people in the cars more. Just wish I could carry enough stuff on one.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I've seen you boys from up north. Few years ago for the toy run at Xmas it got down to bout 14 degrees...we had one rider on a bike. Everybody but one gave up and jumped in the gages. LOL
    He was from Minn. and just laughed at us.
    :embarassed:

7. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Aw man a Ducati!!!! YA cant do that LOL:wink: To each his own I guess I'll stick with my HOG keeps the ole lady reved up 2 HAHA!!!

8. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Fireman, you at work now or what? If you are still at work I'll bet your better half is still cleaning fish. Boy you have got her trained good. We gave her a box of fish and she said she was going home to start cleaning them for you. Tell me how you do that, lol.

don3778

9. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey what can I say She loves the outdoors, you should see her at the lake!!!! Yep working all night, and thanks allot for the fish cant wait till she cooks them up for me!!!

10. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    What do you mean. "break them out and get them ready" ? Ride'em all year as long as you can get thru the snow. Just wear proper clothes and put some extra padding on your butts cause thats where ya land when the ice gets ya.
    Rode mine all year even when stationed at Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota. Not everyday of course, but quite often. You do have to take LOTS of extra care and if you aren't dressed right, don't try it. Frostbite will get you quick !!!
    I must admit, living in Florida makes bikin' GREAT !!!

11. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Ya it does help when you live in Fl. and the wind chill's not -15 in your face!!! LOL.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    wont be long ,it was 60 degrees here today and I saw several out !!!:big_smile:

13. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I normally get the Ultra Classic out a few times over the winter if it gets above 35 degrees. I cheated and bought a heated vest years ago. What a difference. This winter the few times it's made it we still had snow and ice in spots. I don't care who you are that puts a bind in your riding. This is coming from a guy that used to slide them sideways on tracks.

Did make it out today! I needed that.

14. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey what ever it takes to stay warm and out on the road!!!

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I dont like nobody on this thread. I'm Kidding.
    I it's been a while since I rode or owned one but I grew up on riding of all kinds. I have ridden in all kinds of weather from
    Texas to Washington DC
    Today was beautiful spring day . A friend of mind let me ride his Bike he just bought. it's a
    Yamaha 1800. Got everything on it. like driving a Cadillac. that thing was more
    comforamble than a car and so easy to ride. Had just the right sound to it. I aint as sharp as I use to be but I loved every minute of it and would love to have another bike.
    I cruised around country roads. just rideing, cruseing . I dont think my feet touched the ground but once. I really did enjoy the ride. Made me want one so dang bad. I have been looking at the Honda 1100 shadow for a while now. been a while since i rode one of them.
    Sure wish I could afford one. would like to have a hog but they cost 3 times as much.

Ridding is like fishing for me. Its a way of life. Just got a love it to enjoy it and understand what it does for a Man.

16. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey Dano you could probaly pic up cans on the side of the road to make the payment. The way scrap prices are anyone could make allot of money selling scrap iron!!!! Theres nothing like letting the wind blow through your hair on the open road!!!! LOL Charles