Motor maintenance today

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    My big Merc has been pouring gas intermittently. I finally took the air box off today. I then pumped the gas bulb on the fuel line. Fuel started squirting out of the tube on the lower right section of the bottom carb. One of the floats was sticking on the lower 2 barrel carb. I removed and disassembled the carb, and found a tiny piece of trash in the needle and seat. I blew it out good and reassembled it. It still runs and it's not leaking now, so that's a good sign! :wink:

Bill in SC

2. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Could it have been that simple..lol
    Good luck there Bill with that motor. It got us there and back on the Waccamaw that day atleast.
    I may head back down there this weekend coming. My buddy saw the pictures and he has a boat that needs to get wet in his words.
    I'll post if we decide to go.
    Jonathan

3. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    WELL GLAD THAT YOU GOT THE BOAT FIXED BILL! I HAVEN'T SEEN YOUR NEW BOAT YET! I AM READY TO HIT THE RIVER AGAIN NOW! I HAVE BEEN TIED UP WITH HUNTING SEASON BUT THAT IS OVER NOW SO I AM BACK TO CAT HUNTING! I AM GONNA TRY TO GO THIS WEEKEND! HOW HAS THE FISHING BEEN TOWARDS SOCIETY HILL & BLUES??

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Success up here in the places you mentioned has been virtually nonexistent for me. The fishes are down the river towards the coast. I sent you a PM.
    Bill in SC

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Bill if that speck of trash looked like rubber it may be time to swap all those hoses out and if it looks like dirt its time to add a fuel water separator or at least and inline filter.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome back Capt Marty Im glad too see you are ready too fish again. Maybe this year we wil get you on one of thos HUGE cats so you will forget about those DEER.:wink: How about your buddy he ready too fish too.

7. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Hey James,
    Let them worry about the deer and we can worry about the fish...lol:roll_eyes::tounge_out: