Motor for parts

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by TIM HAGAN, Jan 28, 2006.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Hey all I have a buddy who will need a new boat as a tree has taken his old boat. He does have the motor a 115 johnson 1987 or so he thinks. I know it does run but its to old for a trade in or to sale as a good motor. maybe someone need some part drop me an email or call me 301-418-3967

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    That motor if it runs good and has been taken care of will last another 20 years. Tell him to buy another boat without a motor and put it back to work.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have a 85 like that with T/T and it runs great just drinks 3 times the gas.. What kind of boat is he looking for? I have a 17 1/2 foot Bass Hawk that I may sell.
    PEte

4. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Along the same lines, I have a 76 Glastron 14' w/ a 50 hp Johnson. They tell me that the motor has low compression and a switch in the throttle control is bad. I can't figure out how to fix it and not have more in it than the thing is worth. It has a new power pac and prop. Any suggestions as to what to do with it? Titles have been lost, that's $100 plus registration. $95 for the switch and $1400 to overhaul. Also I have 2 boats that run great.
    Jim