Motivational Shot

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by SkipEye, Nov 29, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Get them kids out there fishing. Although mine aren't overly excited, when they look back on this kind of stuff I guarantee they'll have fond memories!

Attached Files:

2. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Was that caught recently Darryl or is that one that you caught this summer?

3. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Naw, that shot was from August. The little guy with the big fish was back asleep 10 minutes after catching his PB. Had to wake him up to tell him his pole was about to break off with a big cat on the other end.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. part time catman

part time catman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    GREAT JOB THERE DARYL.I LIKE THAT BOAT :big_smile:

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Really? My kids still go crazy when they catch a fish. My daughter was walking on air for about a week after catching that little spoonbill in my AV shot. She still talks about it. I need to get my son out with me some day he's never caught anything big enough to talk about and my youngest daughter is the Bluegill Queen!

6. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    LoL!!! Everyone looks so excited!!! :smile2::smile2: That must have been towards the end of the trip?

7. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Well Dan and Mike, Not sure what to say about the boy's excitement. I know when I was a kid and fishing I was all hyped up, hoping for the next big bite. I kind of think that some of todays kids are so used to video games that they think everything is non-stop action. When it isn't they get bored. My boys get bored out of there skull, bicker back and forth etc........ I am trying to do my duty and get them out there anyway to plant the seed. I still think that they'll appreciate the experience some day. Gets a little aggravating for me at times honestly but I already appreciate the good times we have had out there. There aren't too many things an semi-old man like me has in common with two adolescent youngsters. Fishing is a good thing.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

Oh yeah, even though the pic is a few months old, the board was a bit slow so thought I'd dredge up the shot to get people thinking bout good times on the river.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Gotta luv it! The boy holdin the fish looks like he ain't sure. LOL! Thanx for sharein.

9. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I hear ya about the video games and no-stop action, I get that from my son too. Which is why I'm reluctant to take him with me out on the big rivers. The girls seem to have more patience then he does. But, what I can't believe is that after catching a fish like that they weren't excited. I always thought that if I could get my son a fish like that I'd have him hooked, but I'm wondering if thats gonna work or not. I spent a lot of time as a preteen/teen on the water with my dad. He was one of those dare I say it Trot liners and we'd be out there everyday running trot lines and limb lines except for the days when I'd be pulling the other end of the seine through some creek or pond gathering bait for the coming week. There were times I hated it, but I look back now and have nothing but fond memories of those days and was able to spend a lot of quality time with my dad. He's been gone now for about 10 years and I still try to remember the things he'd tell me about the river when I'm out there.

So, keep at it with them boys Darryl they may not know it now but some day they'll love the memories that you all are creating right now.

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I know the feeling darryl. I have my sons picture on my desk top.
    everytime i log in I remember the good times:big_smile:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats good stuff Darryl. I'm sure they will appreciate all those times on the river as they mature. Well look forward to seeing Darryl2 and Darryl3 on the BOC one day. Great Post.

12. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Very cool...just keep at it, they'll come around...if not think BAIT...LOL...

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    My oldest boy (26) caught a 15 lber last year with me.. It was his biggest and he jumped around in the boat all excited like a little schoolgirl .. And that was after watching me land a 30 lber.. I wish I could hook him up with a big fish.. I'd love to see his reaction.. I had the 20 yr old with me when I caught my PB 44 lb flathead.. All he wanted to do was get outta the boat.. It was too much fish for him to be around... hehehe.. Big difference in kids today..