Mother Nature in a bad mood?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Myname, May 13, 2006.

1. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I normally don't complain too much, but today I feel I must unload my woes to my Brothers and Sisters of the BOC.

Mother Nature seems to be a little ill with me these days. The first time I went fishing this spring I got rain and hail. The second time I got on the river, I received a thunderstorm with high wind, and lots of lightning. Right now I am on the third day of a four day stretch off from work - the first and second days were cold with rain and wind; so far, today ain't looking too good either.

Even though I don't know what I've done to get on Her bad side, I have tried to placate Her; I've sat quietly on my Mother Nature Shrine (front porch swing) contemplating all the good days She has given me in the past, burnt a few tubes of tobacco, and drank a hot, black brew in Her honor. I conduct this ceremony several times daily; it hasn't worked yet - still cloudy and windy.

Now, I am seriously considering a way of forcing Her to give me good weather. I am thinking of going to the river, finding a secluded spot, and peeing in the water. When She sees that I am serious in my vendetta, maybe She will straighten up and GIVE ME SOME SUNSHINE!!, before I contaminate the whole river system. I truly hate to think of my beautiful Green River turning yellow, but I have the determination and the will power to do what I must to tame this Wild Witch of Wind and Weather.

I thank you for allowing me to vent my anger and for listening to my tirade. I must now leave you; I'm heading for the river.

Hopefully, we may soon: Have a nice day.:smile2:

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If it works, could I get you to come pee in my waters..?

Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?

3. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Certainly, be glad to help.

4. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    blah...i have had a hard time fishing this spring too.
    It's just been some real crazy weather...despite our weekend desires. We are not that important as individuals when it comes to the weather....next year we'll have a drought or something...who knows?

i just try to fish whenever i can and hope for the best..better than watchin the tube.

cyas
    rc

5. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    and I haven't heard 1 complain yet, Lok at it from a + angle the bank or water will not be crowded, sure can't catch any from the porch tel mother nature to take a hike and go rain on someone elses parade.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK SOME TIME

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I sure could use some nice weather...the fish seem like they don't know what to do. This past week has been miserable. I miss being a student. I had way more free time to fish.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Last Sunday was roigh on the boat. Rain and a cold wind. This Sunday looks the same.

The good news is that fish are already wet!!

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I know what you guys mean here it seems all it does is rain,and im so sick of it. ive hardly got to do any fishing.It seems like when i have to work it clears up but anytime im off it rains,its getting real old.