Mother load

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by beakus, Feb 21, 2007.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    i hit the mother load last night at the tire shop, 115# of lead for $10.00

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thats one hell of a score! Now get busy. LOL!

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congrat,s John! Now How about Molding Up About #50 pounds of 8oz no roll Sinkers? I,m runing little short.I can really lose them Suckers.LOL.J.D.
    :big_smile_2: :beat_plaster:

4. mailhiker

mailhiker New Member

State:
    KY
    Sometimes "you" find good deals, sometimes "I" don't!!!!:tounge_out:

5. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    John where did you get your 8oz no roll all i could find was the up to 1-5oz,is it a 6-7-8oz mold.now i have to make a bunch of 2lb cannon balls for jugs.

6. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    also a guy i work with part times at a scrap yard and he brought me another 60 lbs last night for $5.00.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Beakus, what with the difficulty in finding cheap lead anymore, I've decided to make a change from using 2# lead cannonballs to using concrete weights that someone on the BOC described making. The process involved cutting off the neck of a 16-20oz soda jug, putting the desired weight of concrete into the bottom of the jug, and inserting a piece of coathanger wire for something to tie onto. After the concrete sets, trim off the top of the soda jug, leaving about 1/2" sticking up above the concrete (not sure that's exactly the right amount, but it's pretty close). Use a propane torch to heat the excess, causing it to shrink down around the top edge of the concrete, forming a nice protective coating. No sharp corners/edges to damage your boat or equipment.

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi John, You can get the 8oz no roll molds from Do it Molds. It's a 2 cavity mold one 6oz and one 8oz.just google, do it molds and it should come up.J.D.

9. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

did the pprice of lead go up?