Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Most productive months for flatheads

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  PitBullDan 
#1 ·
I know things will vary region to region due to weather, but just wondering if anyone has particular month/months they have more success. I’m in Northern Illinois and for me it’s usually September and October I do better.

#8 ·
Many anglers struggle with locating and catching catfish, many will struggle to catch the species of catfish they want to catch or consistently catching catfish. Then there’s the group that wants to catch big catfish and doesn’t seem to have any success at all and they’re frustrated. But it seems that you gays did well to catch a big one

#12 ·
326243[/ATTACH]209063"]
Many anglers struggle with locating and catching catfish, many will struggle to catch the species of catfish they want to catch or consistently catching catfish. Then there’s the group that wants to catch big catfish and doesn’t seem to have any success at all and they’re frustrated. But it seems that you gays did well to catch a big one
To some it may seem as though hours spent fishing without catching anything is a waste of time, but for some it’s upping the odds of landing that fish that will double over your rod, and cause the adrenaline to surge. I spent 3 weeks idly sitting, waiting for a bite that never came for 3 solid weekends. It’s an hour trip just to get to the spot. I thought last weekend was gonna be weekend 4 of getting skunked, and was packing up to leave after nothing for 5 hours. Then I heard my rod hit the concrete. I turned and watched it getting dragged down the sea wall towards the edge. Grabbed it and got pulled right to the edge of the spillway. After an epic battle we got it, and all the memories of hours of nothing vanished.

Attachments

#17 ·
Wife and I went out last night to a spot on the Fox river in Wedron. Fished from shore basically while sitting on a buddies docked pontoon. She got her first flathead, I got skunked. Her hookset was a little over the top I must admit lol. She wanted to hold it to get a pic, but as soon as she felt the sandpaper she was out lol. 2 weeks ago she was kissing drum she caught, but holding a 3 lb flathead was a no go.
Reptile Wood Scaled reptile Amphibian Tints and shades

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.