Most of us have a safety & repair kit for us and the boat but….

Discussion in 'Boat Safety' started by Gunner-Fisherman, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Most of us have a safety & repair kit for us and the boat but….

How many of us have a first-aid kit for our rods and reels?

I did an article on this on my website and for an outdoor paper I write for. Got a lot of positive feedback on this subject. With a lot of people sending in suggestions saying they would need this or not need that… That is what makes it “fun” each of us would have to set it up for our own equipment, but the idea is still the same. I mean parts for Ambassadeur’s would not work for Diawa reels and so on…

I have a little “kit” with extra line pawls for the Ambassadeur’s, some small screws for all the reels, extra handle and rod tips and eyes, clear finger nail polish to seal on the rod eyes and a few other little things that you may need for rods and reels.

Just thought I would pass along the idea to everyone here…

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hey Gunner,

Why not share the info here on the BOC in our library. Sounds like some good info for all of our member to see. We're always looking for quality information that is helpful to our membership. Have you seen the library? Click here to see the Table of Contents for the Member Library and click here to see the entire section. This is where we capture lot's of great information for any catfisherman. Something for everyone in there!

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Never gave much thought to fixin a reel or rod on the boat while fishin. With regs in place that only allow 2 rods per person I take a couple of extra outfits for that just in case situation. They stow away real nice in the sides of the boat outa the way. Not only that but I am a big advocate of travelin lite with what ya need. I would'nt wanna keep track of more gear on the boat.

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ahhh George, I've seen pics of your pickup ready to roll! You got the market on enough stuff with you! LOL Just a couple of extra rods and a couple of small boxes of "Stuff" to bring along.....just in case! LOL See the pics below! :lol:

Attached Files:

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah, Bryan... but his boat ain't big enough to put his pickup in...:lol:

Ol' Man

~~~~~~~~~~
    'Driving on the highway is not a competition. It is a cooperation, the sharing of a limited resource.' ~~
    Matt Reed

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Bryan,
    All those boxes have George's lunch and snacks in them!...W

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have never carried repair parts for reels in the boat. It sounds like a good idea. I have always carried a few extra rods/reels in case of a problem. What is one more little box or kit?

8. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is fine, go ahead and move it over if you want... I have not checked the library as of yet... still new to here!!!

9. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    especially if you just leave it in the boat, no need to constantly load and unload it. just leave it in there! :cool2: