Most Important Link in Fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BIG GEORGE, Jul 18, 2006.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Look at your fishin outfit as a chain. Ya have the various links. Hook,line,rod,reel,knots,etc. What do you think is the single most important link in that chain. I'm gonna have to go with the hook. It starts there. Without a good hook ya may as well stay home. LOL! Let us know what ya think!
    THANX!

2. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    It is true that it starts with the hook but if you don't have a good line or knot it's gonna swim away if it is hooked or not

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    The right hook is important, and that there is good exposure of the hook. Now I think the knots are critical and can be the weekest part of the chain if not tied properly.

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Like most things, your system is only as good as your weakest link, be it hook, line, rod or reel! They have all cost me fish, one time or another!

5. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I think they are all of equal importance.

6. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    I have to say that all you guys have a valid point. I am going to have to say that the most importent part of any cat fishermans system is the wife!!:eek:oooh: It take one hell of a good woman to not mind that your going out all night with the guys for some catfishing. I have to admit that I would be a little upset if my wife decided she was going to go fishing all night with the girls!!:waaaht:

After the wife, I thinkl the line is the most important part of the system.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Line Big George, even if you dont have a hook I have caught fish tangled in the line. So, I would say the line is the most important part.

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I would say the most important is the MISSING LINK. If theres something missing in the chain.....give it up, no chance brother. lol

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Tea I think I may have posted a pic of them in the Ohio section LOL

10. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    I think each system works together as a whole, and go with the saying you are only as strong as your weakest link. A good hook/knot is needed to keep the fish on, but if your line is bad then the you can have the best hook/knot in the world of fishing and the fish is going bye bye when it pops your line. Now you can have the best hook/knot and line in the world of fishing, but if your reel cant haul that monster in and it just strips the gears inside of it, then the fish is going to get away. Now you can have the best hook/knot/line/reel but if you arent using the proper pole and the big one snaps it then it is going to get away. So the importance of this little tale is make sure you have the right gear when going fishing. Some gear you have might be great for the smaller lakes/ponds for the small/medium cats, but in the big lakes and river systems like the Mississippi you can hook into monsters. And if you want to land it, you have to have a solid setup and work the drag. Granted you cant get them all, but its fun trying.

11. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The most important link? I would have to say the fisherman. A good fisherman will know where the weaker links are and be able to adjust fishing styles and techniques to compensate for them.

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think it starts with the wife's approval of fishing time,lol na I agree after the person it would be the hook and line.

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    the weakest link is lack of knowledge

14. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If your going that route, your body is the most important, as Ive caught catfish with ym bare hands :cool2:

15. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
  16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    you have to belive in yourself frist

17. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I tried posting on this before. Dont know what happened. MY most importaint link is www.thetent.com it gives me the current river height. if thre river isnt up I probally dont keed anything else.

18. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I think thats true...you jsut have to figure out what your weakest link happenes to be.

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Only thing you know about drags John is how they dress! LOL!

20. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    I have to agree you are only as strong as your weakest link, wether it is team sports, military combat or in this case the the fishing rig it always holds true.