Most Hard Headed Catfisherman

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by capt.kirk, Nov 2, 2005.

1. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

lets do this,list 3 things you can think of about a hard headed cat man,
    run this till saturday midnight,then have a vote by stars added to the wall
    of shame.i will start.
    1.a man that will order his wife something,from victorias secret,to be sent
    by fed ex,then takes a 4 day fishing trip,to return home and find a note
    that reads honey,ive gone fishing with the fed ex man.

2.same guy reads note and heads out fishing again.

3.a man that adds stink bait to his favorite chew,so he will have 1 more,
    piece of bait.
    KIRK :eek:

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    The wife says, fishing or me.
    I'm gone a miss her when I get home. :D

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Wanted, clean living woman with a catfish boat! Please send picture of the boat!! :D :D

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    This isn't about a catfisherman, but it shows the right frame of mind, and it's a true story.

A doctor friend of mine fell and hurt himself. At the hospital, he found that he had broken his arm. He sent his friend home to get the forestock off his shotgun. While the cast was still wet, he pounded the forestock into the part of the cast over the palm of his hand so he would be able to go hunting.

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    1. :0a34:, Wanted, woman to carry our fishing gear to and from fishing hole, plus fish on way back from catfishing.

2. Needed, wealthy woman to buy new truck and new boat for us to go catfishing.

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    1) guy severely sprains ankle on day 1 of a 3 day fishing weekend. Is such a diehard that he refuses to go to the doctor, even though the ankle turns bluegreen and swells bigger than the thigh. Has to be carried around partly the whole weekend cause the ankle cant be walked on at all.

2) Guy on hour 1 of a 3 day weekend slices his hand open on the lid of a homemade bait tank and loses so much blood he passes out cold for 10 minutes. Wakes up... when told what happened, he gets pissed that his budies didnt bait and cast his lines in while they waited for him to wake up. Super glues his hand back together and fishes the rest of the weekend

3) guy going out for bait gets left eyebrow nearly sliced off by the falling back window of his truck topper. Super glues it back together, then hops into canoe, paddles to desired spot and stands up to pee in the canoe. Flips it and nearly sinks and dies cause he wore boots and waders in the canoe.... loses 2 rods and all his equipment for gills.... but gets himself back to shore, pops the truck open, and builds a new getup from old found line, a hook he kept in the visor of his truck, and some caterpillars from a local pondside bush. Manages to shorefish and land 25 gills then goes home, changes and heads out for flatties.

(One guy was involved in all 3 of these scenarios either directly or indirectly. I was involved in 2 of em, one directly and one indirectly. )

7. shadow

shadow New Member

Gee Kirk, When I saw the topic I thought you had sent me another message. :D

8. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Someone posted up about muskie fishing all day with a treble buried in the back of his head-now thats hard headed!!

9. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

FOLKS
    this is getting better and better,keep them coming.
    KIRK :happy:

10. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    My vote goes to you Sal. If anyone has a harder head, I would like to see it. And in case you have forgotten, you're the one that fell out the boat wearing waders. I'm just glad you didn't drown and become like a waterlogged log, lying on bottom, waiting for some catfisherman with extreme tackle to drag you up on the bank.

11. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i vote me because i haven't caught a decent sized cat this year and i still manage to go a boatload of times fishing lmao at least twice a week lol and still nothing to show for it lol except sleep and lots of patience

12. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been sun burned real bad on my arms when fishing KY Lake on vacation.
    I was hurting real bad at camp so I just went back out in the sun on the boat and took a towel along to wet my arms with, so I could keep on fishing. I figured if I was going to be hurting, I might as well be fishing as sitting at camp in the shade hurting. A wet towel feels OK on sunburn. LOL LOL

13. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

BROTHERS
    these are getting real good.sunday morning lets use a SCALE from 1 to 10 points,read each post and make comment and give points,the one with
    the most total points,will receive 5 STARS,and will be HARD HEAD OF THE
    YEAR.
    KIRK :D

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    went fishing once this summer. early afternoon with possibility of thunder storms. sat without a bite for an hour. started hearing thunder moving in. still sat there. after the thunder moved in closer we turned to see a wall of white comming across lake. quickly put on rain suit.rained so hard we could barly see our poles. then we got a call from a buddie and hail was mentioned. we got off the lake. we trailered the boat fishless and made it all the way to the bar 5 miles up the road. after a couple beers the storm passed. we went back and launched the boat again. ended up with nine fish biggest at 9#. :D

15. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    I also vote for the "clown" and the "jerm." You guys just kill me!

16. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    dang jackie with you we would be the three amigos! lol now that would be fun the two crazy people and the almost sane one lmao :eek: j/k

#1when i thin hard headed i think of me headbutting lockers in school lol yes i was bored and intimidating back then lol
    #2i also recall on many occasions making my older brothers mad and getting thrown! through the house lmao

and for #3 i remember hitting the back of my head on the tv stand corner (the sharp edge) trying to jump off the top of the bunkbeds when wrestling with my middle brother lmao yeah he won but it was interference darnit! lmao my dad being the "foxworthy type" said bet you wont do that again huh? lmao

god i miss him!

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lmao. i used to smash the napkin holders on the lunch tables with my head. we need to go fishing. i vote jackie as the guide. lol.

18. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

just a reminder the contest ends at midnite,start your voting sunday a.m.
    till noon.remember the name is HARD HEADED CATFISHERMAN. :eek:
    THANKS
    KIRK

19. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    A friend of mine was baiting his trotline in the middle of the river and was half way done. He wasn't watching what he was doing and allowed the current to swing the end of the boat around. As a result...his hand was impaled by a 5/0 SS hook in the web of skin between his index finger and thumb. Luckily he had his knife handy, and had the presence of mind to cut the drop that had hooked him and not the whole trotline. He tore off part of his shirt and wrapped it around his hand, and went about baiting the remaining 50 hooks. He then went to the bank...trailered the boat...and after all that he dug out the bolt cutters from his tool box and snipped off the point and barb and pulled out the hook from his hand. He then went to work...and then after work we ran the trotline. He never did go to the doctor even though he couldn't remember if he had a current tetnus shot or not.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this summer i went fishing. now i don't leave home till about an hour before dark. the 5000acre lake is 20 min from home. so an hr gives me time to get in get shad and get wet just as dark is setting in. i went 6-7 days consecutive. my wife was suspecting i was lying and pulling the boat out partiying. i left my nextel on accident in the truck. at midnight i came in to the dock. there was a white car lights on. i was thinking cops. someone walked down to the dock. ive been drinking and im busted i thought. no it was her. in pajamas. i tought oh no. my grandma or pa had passed away. no. shy was ticked cause i was not answering the phone and had been gone for a week at night. i explained. it was spawn and they were hitting like mad. i huged her told her i wasn't out fooling around. she cried and said she thought the worst. i said i love you. and went again the next night. :D