most expensive fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by GwillE, Oct 1, 2009.

1. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    I just got my urgent care medical bill for the gash on my leg from the san carlos trip 250.00 dollars. not counting the expenses for the trip so far that channel in my avatar is the most expensive fish I caught so far, Not complaining its worth every cent!
    So the question is what is your most expensive fish? due to unexpected occurances or otherwise...

2. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    You know, worms only cost a few bucks for a couple dozen. you must have been desperate for bait.:smile2:

3. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    then again, That makes for an awesome avatar.

4. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    $ 200 USD and 200 miles to only catch 1 8 inch bullhead.
    Talk about not cost effective , but at least I had a good time!!

5. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Mine was a bass last year $225 tounement dues $40 in gas for the truck $40 for the boat and $20 for lunch afterwards i only caught one bass all day long making it a 3lb $325 fish.

6. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    The first carp i caught as a child while bluegill fishing!That sucker has cost me a lifetime of fishin gear,boats,you name it! I cannot even begin to think how much he cost me!:big_smile:

7. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i was on my way to a catfish tourny and got lost. (neverbeen to the place b4)-$50 for gas, got turned in the right direction stoped at a gas station cuz engine was over heating only to find out the water pump pully went out-150 bucks there. decided to fill everything up with water and limp the car homebout an hr away from where i was at. when i pulled on the road i heard a floppin noise. well to make things worse i had a flat tire due to me running over a very small peice of steel that punctured the tire. i could not even plug it. 110 bucks for a new tire. and on top of all that 318 bucks for the tow. so all together $628 bucks for not even fishing......:angry:

8. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i know what you mean there i know i have enuf money in my fishing gear over the years to buy a new car lol

9. flathead-40

flathead-40 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Drove to San Diego paid 200.00 for my space on the boat boat went all night fished the next day did not catch anything. Paid for a motel dinner breakfast in the morning back to Phoenix. I figure about 400.00 for no fish but had a great time!

10. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    a couple months ago i was up in the river at bart and caught 1 stinkin channel not even a lb then i hit some drift wood bent my prop leavin bart and my trucks water pump goes out. tow and fix $275 then i broke my back on that trip which was $42,000 and my xbox360 got the red rings $200 the same day.

11. Waterdawg

Waterdawg New Member

State:
    Arizona
    About 6 weeks ago, my Dad and I went bass fishing on the Gila river. It started raining really hard so we packed up. The road we came in on quickly turned into a river, and the next thing I knew, I was driving with water up to my knees in the cab. To make a long story short, my truck was totalled. Thank god for insurance, I got a check, and put it down on a newer truck. The old truck was paid for, but now I am paying $250 a month for the next 4 years for those 10 or 12 bass I caught!

12. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    back in march went out to alamo trip cost in between $150-$200 and didnt even get a bite. but had a good time thou. :sad2::big_smile:

13. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Nothing that bad so far, I had to have knee drained on that San Carlos trip, That was a Co pay of $25. I do know I have spent some coin going places, and not catching anything.

14. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ok, same concept, different subject.

I was driving on I-10 about 6 weeks ago, stop & go, morning commute (in my suburban), looked down to pick up and take a bite of my egg mcmuffin and I rear-ended a guy. Nothing too serious but cost me $500 for my deductible, and I'm sure my insurance will be going up once my ins co settles with the guy I hit.

Funny thing was he had a bike rack on his hitch with a cannondale mt bike on it. When he pulled away the bike was stuck in my grill... took 1/2 hour to get the bike unlodged from my grill...the only damage to the bike was a bent back tire, although i'm sure my ins co bought him a new bike...

15. gdhntr

gdhntr New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey guys let me tell you a story, Went to the BOC gathering in Blyth, on the way truck overheated,got to Blyth 465.00 new water pump and fan clutch,went to gathering had great time. started home got almost to tonapah and blew a tire, which took out right rear fender 1900.00, while changing tire truck died tried to restart dead battery 68.00, called tow truck150.00 came out and just jumped to get it started, made it back to phx. and all I had to show is the bass in my avatar. beat that!!!

16. fishfun

fishfun New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Those are some expensive trips. One time a messed up my prop and when I was pulling into the dock the boat would not reverse real well so I was not able to stop it and I hit the dock. The weld on my old pontoon fractured and the pontoon started to take in water. Cost a total of 650.00 to get it all fixed.

17. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    my worst trip this year was when Rob his son and I went to the salt river and my tranny line was old and cracked and sprayed tranny fluid everywhere and Rob drove me home and had to pay my neighbor (150 bucks) to pull me to a checker auto 25bucks for tranny fluid then my brand new battery dies on me had to go buy jumper cables 15 bucks then my water pump went out a couple days after that 50bucks plus++ thermo housing and thermostat were old and rusty. so over a 200 dollar trip for one night of fishing

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  18. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Hey, I keep seeing my name in all your expensive trips post. LOL Gwille needs to watch where he steps!!, bigfisher needs a new truck, fishfun needs 4 wheel drive. OK I have the first three expensive trips covered!

19. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA

sounds like fishing with rob is dangerous if you take your vehicle. so if i ever go out with rob im going to take the bus. :smile2: good stories guys keep em coming.

20. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Nice fish>i don't think I ever had one to cost me any money atleast not yet anyways.