Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
I have had some strange things happen while fishing, here are some of the weird ones.

Myself, my dad, and a friend of ours were all fishing on the river at about 1 pm, we heard something behind us in the brush. Didnt think anything of it, then we heard something explode right behind us. we all turned around to see a guy standing just inside the timber with what looked to be an AK47 or some other type of fully automatic weapon. He just stood there and watched us for a while then he left.

Another one was when my dad and i were walleye fishing, i hooked into a nice walleye, brought him up to the shore and there was a piece of line running out of his mouth, not thinking much about it i started pulling that line in also, i got it up to the rocks and there was a very nice G.Loomis rod topped with a Shimano reel. The combo still works great for me.

We have also had many things try to get into the boat with us such as raccoons, possums, beavers, cats, frogs, squirrels, dogs, and a few carp.

I have to say one of the most bizarre thing that happen to was when i was about 7 or 8 year old. i from south louisiana and if you familar with the lafeyette area you that there a lot of swamp land in that area. but anyway me, my dad, and my brother were fish at the lake called ,"lake martin" it was a pretty boring day occasionally caching some fish the egrets out also diving down and catching little fish and about 40 a yards out a engret went down get all little fish and all of a sudden it was about a 100 pound alligator gar caught it by the legs and slammed it in the water and it never came up nor did the body.

Me and my grandpa were fishing at a pond when i turned around from baiting my rod i heard him yelling all you could see was his rod going into the water. He was mad but we kept on fishing for about an hour and was about to go when i see a bobber pop up next to the bank. I jumped in and grab it hooked to it was his rod and a 3lb channel cat.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.