Most abrasion resistant super line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by JFD444, Jul 10, 2006.

1. JFD444

JFD444 New Member

State:
    FL
    Which super line more abrasion resistant, Fireline or Power Pro or another I will be using 50# line.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Salt water ande is hard to beat I use 30# on the main line and 50# for my leaders.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I use cajun Red in the 20, 25 , & 30 pound test. Works very well for me.

4. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I know this isn't what you want to hear but, if you are fishing areas where abrasion is a concern then 50lb. superline is not a good choice to begin with. 80lb. or even 100lb will still work just as well with most set-ups and provide better protection against abrasion and break-offs. And it is part of the reason the super-line manufacturers caution people to select these lines by diameter not lb. strength. Having said that, I believe Cortland Masterbraid is one of the most abrasion resistant braided lines available and altogether it is the best superline available for catfishing. Just my .02

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    FINS makes a superline called Deep Drop that is the most resistant but again go up in lb test as abrasion resistance is a function of diameter.You can get Deep Drop from the Cabelas Saltwater catalog.:smile2:

6. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    80 lb Power Pro as a main line and 80 lb mono leader is tough as nails and is a stump puller! Pack a stick in the boat to use for pulling the line if you get hung.

7. JFD444

JFD444 New Member

State:
    FL
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I will try some 80# Power Pro.

8. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I have found that even the best of braid lines don't do so well in high abrasion areas and is why I use a heavy trotline as my leader, sold by the spool. Stands up to abrasion great, and have yet to loose tackle, been using it this way for a couple of years.

9. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    I have really had good luck with Cortland Spectron. Sufix Performance Braid is really good also. The Sufix braid is woven tighter than any other braid on the market.

10. JFD444

JFD444 New Member

State:
    FL
    Thanks again for everyones help. James.