Most abrasion resistant braid?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by jboy434, Sep 16, 2007.

1. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i have never bought braid before and just wanted to know what is the most abrasion resistant braid.

thanks

2. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I really like PowerPro braided line. I've tried other brands and, in my opinion, PowerPro performs better. It is rounder and doesn't dig into the spool, comes in colors other than green, and has held up better under tough conditions. It might cost a little bit more but it's worth it. Good luck.

mike in SW VA

3. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    irishangler, I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is still not as abrasion resistant as mono, but in the heavier breaking strengths, it is per-diameter Very GOOD! When I have known obstructions in the area, I will have a 12ft. piece of 100lb. Power-Pro as my shock leader. This has worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    You can't beat PowerPro. It's a bit pricey, but I will use it all year, unlike mono, which I will respool several time a year. The abrasion resistance is pretty good though, I will still use a mono leader.:wink:

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I caught my Avator last night on powerpro and have never lost a fish with it do to them breaking it. ive lost two or three snagged up but, I would have done it with any kind of line.

6. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I have used powerpro for 4 years now, with some that is 4 years old. It is the toughest line period. I use mono leader and the leader will always break, I have heard of some guys that have broken powerpro at the knot but it because of the generic knots they tie. Use the uni knot that is recommended by powerpro and you can't go wrong. I have also used powerpro in very rocky areas on the mississippi and it still holds up excellent.

7. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I have always had good luck with spider wire, Tried a spool once about 6 years ago and have never tried anything else..I have it on about half my rods, one has had the same line on it for 4 years now..I mainly use it for flipping jigs when bass fishing..

8. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Thanks Shane, I was gonna bring that article to their attention....I personally used Ande braid for a while, but went back to Ande Premium mono simply because I didn't like the grinding noise on my line guides...It bugged me everytime I reeled in.....I do suggest going with the dia. braid that's designed for your reel instead of lb capacity....I think it's more important to fill the spool with the right dia. line it was designed for...For example, I use Abu 7000 reels designed for line in the 17-25lb range...My braid I bought was a 17lb dia. line w/80# capacity...I used a leader that matched my setup(usually 30-40#mono)....I know, that's kinda like overkill.....That's one reason I went back with mono....Just my opinion....Dwight

9. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I also like Power Pro, but prefer to use #65 or higher test. Lost a few good fish using #50 before. I still would rate it as the best braid out there. :cool2:

10. OUTLAWWV

OUTLAWWV New Member

State:
    wv
    i've got 100# spider wire and haven't had any problems yet