Mossberg Bolt Action .410 and Squirrel

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Duane, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Got this little fellow this a.m.

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use to kill alot of squirrles with a full choke 410.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I had a single barrel Springfield 410 as my first gun. It had been shot so many times the barrel was egg shaped at the end, but nevertheless squirrels in the northeast Texas woods learned what fear was least ways thats the way I remember it. LOL LOL and the squirrels are still laughing. My younger brother still has that old gun. I still have one that my dad gave me a couple of years ago. One of my favorite firearms.

4. willisjj

willisjj Guest

My 9 year old shot his first duck the other day with a .410. We went squirrel hunting, but came home with 3 ducks, lol. It was an old Savage .410 single shot breakover. Its also the same shotgun I started out on, as well as my Dad and his Uncle, so it has been around the block so to speak and still going strong.

Those .410 shells sure are getting expensive though!

5. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You aint lying about getting expensive try buying bismuth for them 34 dollars a box. But I dont duck hunt so im okay with lead shot Used to have a stevens crack barrel but fell in love with little bolt action so i bought two at the pawn shop ,one has been reamed out to shoot slugs for coyotes

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I once owned a 410 pump/slide action. Best little squirrel gun i hace owned. It was a winchester.