Mossberg ATR 100

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by RiverratSC, Jan 28, 2006.

1. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Does anybody have one of these rifles?

I bought one a few days after deer season went off and haven't fired it yet but I think it will be a good gun. I have a Mossberg shotgun and its great so I figured the rifle will be good to.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    in the hartland outdoors magazine the reviews siad this was the right stuff. the first american made rifle from mossburg availabe in 30-06 and 270. ATR all terrain rifle. the also came out with 5 new shotguns new for 2005. there was a new 500 and youth model in the 5.

there is a 270 in lincoln at walmart for $266. my buddie is thinking about getting it.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I still haven't fired it but I plan to real so.

4. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    I'd be interested in seing a post rat on how the rifle shoots/preforms.
    Hope you'll remember to post it once ya do.
    Thanks, Keith

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I hope I do too. LOL

I gotta get over to the shooting range one morning soon. I know there shotguns are very good because I've been using mine since I was 15, I've probably shot over 10K rounds hunting rabbit, squirrel and dove plus shooting skeets a good bit to.

Oh its a good looking rilfe to.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    OK I went to the range last week and tried to sight my scope in. The rilfe shoots great but I can't aim worth a crap. It was the first time I had fired a .30-06 ever. I'm happy with it.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Ok update. I love my Mossberg ATR 100. I had to buy another scope because my Simmons scope has several issuses. I bought a Nikon Pro Staff 3X9-40mm I love it too.

My aim isn't as good as I had hoped but it will do the job, well on paper targets anyways.

8. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Thanks for the report, alway good to hear from someone firsthand on a product.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Today I killed two doe within 5 minutes so I'm sold on my Mossberg.

10. bigun12

bigun12 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Let me save you a little ammo the next time you go to the range.

Set your rifle up on a solid rest (sandbags or some such) pick a very small point on the target and aim at it. Fire one round then return the rifle to its original aiming point and, without moving the rifle, adjust the crosshairs of the scope so that they are centered on the bullet hole you just made and you are zeroed!:wink:

11. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I just bought 2 for my son's Christmas gifts, [may be they will use there own and quit borrowing mine], I will let you all know how they do in a week or so with some pet loads I have worked up.