Mossberg 935

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by ozzy, May 25, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Does anyone have any input on the Mossberg 935. I'm gonna retire my Savage/Stevens 20 gauge pump this year and go 12 gauge auto. i can get one for 440.00 and thought this is a good deal from what Ive read so far. I aint into 4000.00 scatterguns no way no how. I figured I put about 15000 rounds through the old girl so even a Mossberg should last me a long long time. Any input would be great, I still have a few months left before the season.

Attached Files:

2. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Haven't tried the 935 but the 835 is a great gun. Take turkey at around 45yds and with the rifled barrel deer out to about 150yds. It is very affordable compared to most. I wouldn't hesitate to plunk down my cash for one. Mossberg is an excellent working mans gun.

Richard

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Richard thanks, mostly going after dove, quail, pheaseant, chukar and rabbit. Hopefully i can get a chance at a gobbler and a some geese. So far I cant find any bad reviews, thats a good thing. Just tired of having to pump and not having any choke changes.

4. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    If you decide to get one please do a review for us (me). That will probably be my next upgrade. Love the supperfull choke by the way. I also have a hevi-shot choke which really puts a hurting on the birds.

Richard

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I am settled on getting that 935. When is the next ? Hopefully within the next 2 months, definatley before the next season in Oct.

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mike, I have had my 935 mag for 2 years now, I absolutely love it. The 935's and 835's took Mossberg to a whole new level above the old model 500's.
    The 935 is built tight and takes some breaking in, usually around 50 to 100 rounds. During that time its a lil ammo sensative. Shoot it, clean it, repeat,,,,the more rounds you put through it the better it cycles. Dont get discouraged if it dont cycle 3 in a row out of the box, take the time to break it in. In the end, it all works out great.
    I have a field barrel, cantilever scope mounted rifled slug barrel, and a turkey barrel for mine with about every choke imagineable. Its truly my multi purpose game killer. With 3" Federal Vital Shocks / 1 oz. Barnes sabots, mine shoots 1-1/4" groups at 125 yds (Mossberg full rifled slug barrel w/ Simmons 1.5x5x32 shotgun scope). With the Mossberg turkey barrel and a ported Mossberg Accu-mag Ulti-full .695" choke, it patterns real good at 40 yds with Winchester Supreme Turkey, 3-1/2" #5's, I have killed out to 55 yds with this combo.
    Its a great gun for the money. Good luck. WRB

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Now I got to get some overtime in for it. Hopefully I can get some range time in so I can get use to the auto before the season.

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey mike, i have a buddy who is a goose guide up here in the panhandle, and he swears by the 935. he has 3 or 4 of them, as he uses them for loaners and backups of his clients' shotguns. the only problem he has ever had with them was a broke firing pin, and mossberg wouldn't send him a firing pin, they insisted on putting it in for warranty reasons. the reason it broke was the weather was 10 below that morning, and when you start shooting a cold gun in those situations, and firing pin is liable to break in any type of gun. hope this helps.