mossberg 935

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by LafayetteRiverRunner, Feb 4, 2009.

1. LafayetteRiverRunner

LafayetteRiverRunner New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a question . Is anybody shooting the Mossberg 935 and how do you like it ? I shoot a 835 and really like it but would like to auto for less recoil. I hunt mostly geese on the river here in IN. Thanks all

2. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I do not personally have one, but everything i've heard/read about them has been positive. Supposed to be a really nice gun for not a whole lot of money.

3. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have one and it is a really dependable gun, how ever during duck season i only shoot 3 inch shells so I never shot it at all this year. I bought a Stoeger 2000 and ran a case of Steel though it this year. The stoeger is shorter,lighter and swings better for me.(2-3/4-3'' only) I thought I would keep the 935 around to goose hunt with but never really got into shooting the honkers this year. Mine is the Flyway series, 28" barrel Xfactor ported choke tube,Max-4 Camo.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I was gonna get one and decided on a few other guns first, still on the list.

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Just remembered....About the only thing i've heard negative about it is that some of them wont shoot 2-3/4" shells very well. If you want to shoot 2-3/4 maybe you should check out another gun, or go with the Mossberg 930 (same gun with 3" chamber). Some peoples' 935s will shoot the 2-3/4, some wont (reliably anyways).

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats not entirely true, although it is a 3" to 3-1/2" gun as stated by Mossberg. It just wont cycle any ol junk 2-3/4 ammo. It will cycle 2-3/4" loads with around a dramatic equivelant of 3, Mine will run Federal Top Gun Target, 1200 fps, Dram. Eq. 3, 1-1/8 oz. of 7-1/2 shot, low brass 2-3/4" loads all day long shootin clays. It all depends on the load.
    I have had my 935 for about 3 years now. I have all 3 barrels and every choke tube for it. I dear hunt it, turkey hunt it, and shoot sporting clays. I have a buddy that hunts alot of ducks and geese with his, he loves his. I have had absolutely no problems. I love this gun and will put it up against most of the higher dollar Italian name brand auto's. I have another buddy that is ready to trade his Franchi in on one, he is that impressed. Mine patterns better than his, shoots flatter than his, is just as reliable as his, costs less than his, and I can get barrels and gear for mine that he cant get for his Franchi. In fact the only advantage his Franchi has on my 935 is lighter weight, and that converts into getting your shoulder pounded by a light weight gun after shooting 200 rounds at clays, or flinching on a 40 yard turkey shot coz you know that 3-1/2" is gonna hurt.
    If you have any questions concerning the 935, feel free to p.m. me.

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    My buddy has one and has had some issues with it. I think that it has a bad firing pin. But, if it is shooting it is a great gun. I just think that you can just buy a bad gun, don't matter what brand, that one gun can just be trouble. I would be more worried about the mossberg customer service, it doesn't seem that great

8. LafayetteRiverRunner

LafayetteRiverRunner New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info . I just about bought a Franchi but after seeing how light it is I thought a 31\2 T might hurt . I shoot geese most of the time so that is the reason I am looking at a magnum gun . I love my 835 so I think the 935 will be a great gun for the money.

9. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Kurt I still use my trusty 835 with the 28" ported barrel, a friend of mine uses the 935, the only problem I seen is when hunting sand bars it would jam now and then. But no gun really likes the sand.