mossberg 500 or rem 870

• mossberg 500 12ga

• Rem 870 12ga

mossberg 500 vs Rem. 870

18K views 56 replies 49 participants last post by  Jbuck 
#1 ·
I myself am a true mossberg 500 guy. just like to hear some different opinions

#53 ·
I have always been impressed with the 870 but never owned one. My senior year of high school back in 1979 I was on my way to sioux city to buy a brand new 1100 (back before i realized i prefer pump guns) and my dad and I stopped at a little hardware store in Onawa where I bought instead a Mossberg 500 with a 32in. fixed full choke ribbed barrel. I have dragged that thing through the mud, stepped on it, it even went through a house fire. I'm still using it.

#57 ·
Got to this thread a little late and not much I could say that hasn't already been. I own both and haven't shot either in years but the "Wingmaster" would bring a higher resale price while the 500 would likley sell quicker. I bought the 870 for upland game where the finley figured wood and blued receiver and bbl. wouldn't have to take a beating, the 500 with syn. stock and forearm rode in the bottom of the duck boat and was packed through the mud to blinds. Both will serve you very well for years to come and with proper care can be passed down for several generations to use (providing there is no statue against it in the future).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.