Mosquito

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by redline65, Jun 21, 2009.

1. redline65

redline65 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been out to mosquito a few times this year and only caught one fish. I had pretty good luck last year fishing on the south side of the 88 causeway just east of the bridge. Anyone been out there yet and is there any other better places to bank fish than this?

2. bigmha

bigmha New Member

State:
    s.e. missouri
    i went out twice with a variety of baits.(livers, shrimp, minnows and worms). all the people i've talked to say they caught their fish with worms under a bobber. i caught mine with livers on the bottom. i know there's a weed line out there so maybe you should keep the bait close to shore. i cast kinda far out, got 2 and that was it. the rest of the night...nothing. the previous trip i was about about 20 yards from shore and got a 5#'er. don't think i'll waste anymore money on shrimp when i fish mosquito...not 1 hit.

3. redline65

redline65 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea,

I figured there was weeds out there somewhere, everyone once in awhile I will have some weeds on the hook when I reel in. I am pretty loyal to my chicken livers. I dont really use anything else except maybe tip it with a worm.

Has anyone ever fished the dam?

4. KTK9804

KTK9804 New Member

State:
    oh
    went out once in june with my cousin and caught 4 about 18 to 20...my cousin caught a 34 and 36 inch channel already this year and caught 50 in two hours right before the spawn.....i have been fish shenango lake and caught few cats and no big ones...but have been nailing crappie....hitting mosquito again for catfish july 18.