mosin nagant

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by JERMSQUIRM, May 14, 2009.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well these rifles are soviet surplus from long ago. still in use today on battlefields they are very rugged and about $100.00

mine was rough coated in heavy laquer to preserve wood. wasnt full of cosmoline though. cleaned and stripped it and shot it a few times. here it is. 7.62x54. between 308 and 30-06.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    right now im coustomizing it. gold rings but plate. re finished barrel and magazine. doing stock with a bomber girl from the WW1 WW2 era. heavy gloss. these guns have been around with a lot of history. some were made by remington and new england. mine was made in 1937 and is pretty acurate. graduated sights from 100 meters to 2000.:crazy:

ill post more pics when i get it finished and back togather. im gonna pick up a few more this summer. i read that the stocks are going dry and these will go up in the future like sks's have. came with all matching #ers and bayonet, oil can, tools, and ammo poutch, sling. put a new sling on it though.

3. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I have an old Moisin Nagant M44 carbine that I brought home from Vietnam as a registered war trophy. It has a bullet hole in the stock. I have never fired it. I packed it full of grease and put it away. From time to time I pull it out and look at it. The Vietcong snipers used a lot of the Moisin Nagants as sniper rifles.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    nice rifles,those are fun to shoot and can be very accurate,yours is coming along very well thanks for sharing.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice rifle Jerm!! :cool2:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i got another one this week. and planning on a third so i can put one away for each of my boys. the guy that runs the surplus store backed up an article i read in a gun magazine. the stockpiles are running dry and they are soon to be a $200-$300 rifle. and far more by the time my kids grow up.

between friends and family i sold him 6 of them this week alone. he had 8-9 last week and is now down to one.

as far as accurate. at 100 yards with open sights i hit 6" high on an 18" target. and havent set them at all.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    heres a video.

[youtubevid]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EB9dOO6dCCs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EB9dOO6dCCs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtubevid]

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wound up buying 3 of these rifles. looks from what ive read the supplies are drying up. there right now an investment gun. so both my sons have one put back for them.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    tiler shooting my mosin

[youtubevid]LNyy_J_muuM[/youtubevid]

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    picked up my oldest boys mosin this week. its a 1942 from the Izhevesk arsenal factory in russia. still got to pay off the other for joesef. its a 46 from the same arsnal. keeping these origional.

11. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i plan on getting one of these in july, what size round do they shoot?

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    7.62X54... better have your ear plugs ready for this one! :) They are fun to shoot at night too. They shoot a ball of fire out of the barrel the size of a basketball!!

Bill in SC

13. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Those are good reliable rifles. My wife's cousin uses one as a woods loafer. He has several with and without scopes. One with a 2x shotgun scope mounted offset of the bolt/reciever is my favorite of his. Fast acquisition and great balance. Sometimes he finds them for $50 or less in Missouri. Theres several discount catalogs that carry ammo/accessories for them. Dunno if I can post the names in here?

14. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I think that was probably the very first high-powered rifle I ever fired, as a teen. Thanks for posting.

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. the 7.62x54R russian. the r stands for "rimmed" they are close to a 30-06 and powerful. just paid a little more on the third one for my youngest. theres tons of info on the web an these. many types of scope mounts, bolt kits, monte carlo stocks, ect... after market.

you can get cheap ammo "surplus" or new manufactured. full metal jacket to lead tip hunting rounds for these.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    just picked up my 3rd one for the little one. its a lil big for him yet. :smile2:

17. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hell yeah!

BB in SC