Morse Reservoir

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Jul 22, 2009.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Ok, so I made the trek north to Morse... I got there about 715 and fished until about midnight, my buddy Brad caught a channel that was a couple ounces shy of being 4 pounds, and I caught a single yellow belly bullhead, it bled profusely, so guess what, that sucker became BAIT!. Brad caught almost a dozen of the bullheads, but nothing else. It was very slow and minimal.

Anybody wanna share tips on this place?, we fished the northwest side of the lake, it seemed like it wasnt very deep, we had alot of boat docks by us, we fished a little cove area we seen alot of bigger fishing rolling around and flopping in, then we moved outside the cove past the docks and fished the big main body of water, and still no luck.

I look forward to hearing feedback, so please feel free to share.

2. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Morse is a great cat lake --- as long as you know where to go & have the means of getting there. Between the Marina & I believe its the Carey Rd. bridge, there are major power lines going over the water. If you can find a boat to get ya there - drop line there, live bait preferably & hang on. Big Channel & Blues have been taken from there. Also near the damn is good fishin. Another place is in Cicero - Take S.R. 19 north to 47, turn left - park in the gravel on the bridge, walk the trail that goes BELOW the bridge, cast out into the channel & hang on. Been hearin they are baggin some big flats & Blues

3. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    When you gonna be ready to go Bryan?, I am willing to give it another shot! That lake is pretty good size, we was over by the dam, but it didnt look too appealing to us to fish it. I was hoping you would post on this thread, we was back behind some apartments in a cove, then moved out by the main lake where this short causeway passed thru.

I would like to hook into a blue just so i can say i have finally caught/seen one....

4. Whiskerstalker

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Bro, it'll be middle of next week. I lost ALL my weights & cat hooks at the spillway. I aint gonna have any $$ til the 1st of next month. We'll have to hit the bridge in Cicero unless we can find a boat. We'll come up w/ somethin tho.

5. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Bryan, you dont have to wait that long to fish... You are welcome to any tackle I have, I enjoy the company, and knowledge I get from others. You seen that tackle box of mine, it is a compact rolling Tackle Supply!

If you would like to fish up there before then, hit me up. I will come up and try it again!

6. Whiskerstalker

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Right on Bro, lemme check with Becky & see what her schedule is like. I'll let ya know Thursday afternoon