Morse Reservoir 3/20/08

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BigFlatty, Mar 21, 2008.

1. BigFlatty

BigFlatty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went out thursday afternoon. Fished from 18:00 to 20:00, winds minimal, air temp around 50 and dropping. Fished from bank for once so not sure about water temp. Caught 4 Channels from 10" to 15" and 2 stripers (can't stand dink stripers). Had a good couple hours. Very light bite.

2. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    those little dink stripers you caught were more than likely yellow bass. they look just like minature stripers. giest is loaded with them also. the state record came from morse. it was 4lbs and some change.

3. BigFlatty

BigFlatty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jim Raymer is the guy that caught it. He's a hell of a crappie fisherman. Caught it Jiggin crappie. Thought he was crazy when he told me he caught the world record yellow bass outta morse!

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I haven't fished Morse for catfish in a couple of years. Where do you fish from? Are there any flatties in there?

5. BigFlatty

BigFlatty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mainly fish from boat. When water is up red bridge is usually hot for nice channells from the bank. There are some flathead, just tough to find. There are some nice blues as well.

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    thanks for the info. never fished from a boat there, have had some good luck below the damn. i've pulled a lot of 8-10lb channels out from below the damn. hopefully i'll get a chance to fish morse again sometime this summer