Morgellons disease

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    a couple of days ago this disease was on the front page of the Daily Oklahoman. i had never heard of it. this looks like it could get very bad if it is what some think it is. i cannot do a copy and paste on the oklahoman article, but it is very interesting.

if these guys are right, which i hope they aren't, this could make AIDS look like a walk in the park.
    at least they finally got the CDC in atlanta to start looking at it.

http://www.newsok.com/article/2853143/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

He (George Schwartz of Santa Fe, New Mexico)says it is "a modern day plague which silently grows within the host and after weeks may explode into cavernous, thread- bearing skin lesions, and can extrude eggs and larvae" and is "a highly contagious, world-wide epidemic which will soon reach a critical mass".

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, maybe that is how I am losing weight. Dang plaques...LMAO

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Somethin else that the planet is usein to cull the heard. LOL!

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    granted some cullin needs to be done , not sure im ready for it tho

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hope the docs can get a handle on it.Thats awful!!!!!----------------:sad2:

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Wisely choosing which parks you walk in and at what times you choose to walk in them and AIDS ought not be an immediate fear. ROTFL.... same goes for Rest Areas on the highway.

Ok, Phil... I read the article and you officially creeped me out in time for Halloween. What gets me worse is that there is no causation, no studied pathology, and wikipedia is as concrete of a source as "The Colbert Report". (see "wikiality" in Wikipedia)

Ahh well... yet another reason to carry a hand sanitizer bottle each pocket and buy in bulk at sam's club while wearing a gas mask and bio-suit (made of course of duct tape and plastic: America's sexiest anti-terror fashion statement). I sure hope they cure the "cable-knit-sweater-growing-from-the-skin" disease before we all look like Sweedish fishermen with a nasty case of wind burn.

ROTFL

7. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I would be extremely careful with this one! I accessed one of the primary researcher's web site: full of technical mumbo-jumbo, but also full of various hair-brained conspiracy theories. According to him, the government is spraying the population with aerosols to kill us off. :confused2:

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Government or aliens?

Interesting articles. I will have to watch the video tomorrow at work.

Take care. Thanks for posting, Phil.

Cheryl

9. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
  10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Guys it is only a matter of time till mother nature and the Lord outsmart science and bring us back down to size. We have exploded in terms of population the last 100 years and we have to thin out or the world just will not support the needs of the human race or the animals that share it with us.