Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year and I was wondering if anyone else was mushroom hunting? I've been out a couple of times and found nothing, although they have been finding blacks around Caesar's Creek. I may get out today if the sun comes out after this rain!

Hunting Tips and Tricks-
*where there is one, there are many...
*see them in your dreams (just before your body falls into deep sleep)
*always leave at least one mushroom in the woods (insures they'll be more next year)
*where you find greys, yellows will follow
*check under or around the May Apples
*the source of the spore eventually dies off
*they should be pinched or cut, not pulled out of the ground
*check water run-offs along the sides of the hills
*apple orchards are a haven for big yellows
*speak to the Mushroom Gods before each hunt

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Also....

* Make sure you wash them and cook them before eatin:crazy:

* Send pictures into your local newspaper stating the property found:roll_eyes:

* Call all of your friends over to help eat:big_smile:

* Wear Camoflauge head to toe:wink:

* If you get yelled at by a landowner, simply take off running until you see the public land signs again:eek:oooh:

* If you get caught by a landowner, claim your rabbit dog ran off back in January, and your kids are having a hardtime with the acceptance he is gone! So you brought a bag in case you stumbled across his remains!:smile2:

* Make sure you bring a turkey call as well, in case you need to help the turkey hunters out.!:tounge_out:

Good HUNTIN'........rollo

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also....

* If you get yelled at by a landowner, simply take off running until you see the public land signs again:eek:oooh:

* If you get caught by a landowner, claim your rabbit dog ran off back in January, and your kids are having a hardtime with the acceptance he is gone! So you brought a bag in case you stumbled across his remains!:smile2:

* Make sure you bring a turkey call as well, in case you need to help the turkey hunters out.!:tounge_out:

Lol, I love your additions to my list Rollo...

any one else wanna add anything?

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Well now You folks that Love them Mushrooms(Morels) and are having a hard time finding any I have just the ticket for Ya.You see I have developed a Roon Horn it's sorta like a Duck call but works much Better,Spent several years perfecting and field testing the Roon Horn and it's ready to go.Hears how it works first you get yourself a Bushel basket (cause you'll be needing it) and ya take My Roon horn and head out into the woods and find yourself a big ol comfortable tree to set down and lean against and you start blowing the Roon horn and before you know it them Roons start coming from All directions and jump right in the old basket ya brought.now when your basket gets about 3/4 full stop blowing the old Roon Horn cause some or the Roons have to travel some distance and when they all get there your basket will be Plumb Full.Its Simply Amazing to say the least Folks. Now I know You All are wondering Just How in the World can I get My Grubby little Paws on that Roon Horn Right??? Well Now You are all my Brothers and Sisters here on the BOC So I will Sell Ya One per Family for the Small Some of 19.99 plus 5.95 shipping and handling.WHAT A DEAL !!! I bet your wondering What kind of Guarantee this Roon Horn comes with it Right ?? Well I Issue a Tail Light guarantee with each and every Room Horn ,which means when the tail lights of the UPS truck gets out of sight the Guarantee is GONE.(No Exceptions) Come on and get them orders in Now, as I have 6 Illegal Mexicans down in the basement Building them Bad Boys. Im trying real Hard to Make enough Money to get Me one of them New 24ft Sea Arks.LOL !! Love Ya All J.D.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well now You folks that Love them Mushrooms(Morels) and are having a hard time finding any I have just the ticket for Ya.You see I have developed a Roon Horn it's sorta like a Duck call but works much Better,Spent several years perfecting and field testing the Roon Horn and it's ready to go.Hears how it works first you get yourself a Bushel basket (cause you'll be needing it) and ya take My Roon horn and head out into the woods and find yourself a big ol comfortable tree to set down and lean against and you start blowing the Roon horn and before you know it them Roons start coming from All directions and jump right in the old basket ya brought.now when your basket gets about 3/4 full stop blowing the old Roon Horn cause some or the Roons have to travel some distance and when they all get there your basket will be Plumb Full.Its Simply Amazing to say the least Folks. Now I know You All are wondering Just How in the World can I get My Grubby little Paws on that Roon Horn Right??? Well Now You are all my Brothers and Sisters here on the BOC So I will Sell Ya One per Family for the Small Some of 19.99 plus 5.95 shipping and handling.WHAT A DEAL !!! I bet your wondering What kind of Guarantee this Roon Horn comes with it Right ?? Well I Issue a Tail Light guarantee with each and every Room Horn ,which means when the tail lights of the UPS truck gets out of sight the Guarantee is GONE.(No Exceptions) Come on and get them orders in Now, as I have 6 Illegal Mexicans down in the basement Building them Bad Boys. Im trying real Hard to Make enough Money to get Me one of them New 24ft Sea Arks.LOL !! Love Ya All J.D.

And to think I've been hunting them the hard way all these years!

You can bet your sweet behind my order's in!

:smile2:

·
Registered
966 Posts
i do like to hunting shrooms, just dont seem to have the time when i want to anymore, i never have the good luck like some i know, my sister found 3 brown grocery bags full of giant yellows in a park in downtown columbus last year , i can go out days at a time and find a few handfulls , thats just my luck but as long as i am outside its better than setting on the couch :wink:

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
We got a few weeks yet but we are gettin close and I think its gonna be a bumper this year..............CATFISH AND MUSHROOMS-ICE COLD BREW....Yeah its gonna be good!:wink:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
hey angie if you do a search or here you should come up a few threads on here im getting ready to head out my self an look will post back on my finds im glad moral season is coming in now that we cant get on the water an do any fishing good luck on your hunt for the great mushrooms

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
We need a couple more weeks here. but, I'm ready! Homemade mushroom pizzas, black angus(hand ground) mushroom and swiss burgers, mushroom soup, shish-ka-bobs, fried mushrooms, sauted mushrooms, mmmmm, mmmmm, good !

·
Registered
574 Posts
And to think I've been hunting them the hard way all these years!

You can bet your sweet behind my order's in!

:smile2:
ALRIGHT I CAN'T PASS THAT STATEMENT UP--- WHO IS THE BEHIND TASTER ??. SOMEONE HAS FOUND THE REAL GOOOOOD MUSHROOMS.
I VOLINTER TO WATCH THOSE BEHINDS AS LONG AS WE ARE TALKING GOOD LOOKING FEMALE PICKERS.
HE HE HE HE
MOOSE:eek:oooh::tounge_out::big_smile::big_smile::confused2:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
What a disappointment it has been to me over the last couple of weeks ... After being in Florida for 29 years I come back to Ohio and find most of the best mushroom and squirrel hunting woods I used to prowl have now been replaced by over priced housing additions ... The funny thing is the Jerks that live in these houses are the same ones that are forever complaining to everyone that will listen about the deer, raccoons, squirrels and other critters eating all of their plants and flowers ... Way to go deer ..... :big_smile:

So now I need to try and find new hunting areas .... Damn ... I hate this thing that they call progress ....... :angry::angry::angry: .... Garry-

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Also....

Jason, i like the way you think. I been lookin but no luck at this time. Cold nites i feel are the reason they are later than usual.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was out scouting Thursday and found one false morel out near Ceasar Creek in a woods I had never hunted, a few devil's urns and a jelly fungus. Found a couple of ridges that should prove fruitful if I have time outside of my known spots. About week for SW Ohio esp. after this cold snap. Moisture is great, undergrowth is coming along. What few Mayapples we saw were about an inch to 4 inches high. Any day now!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
ANge, I went out for awhile on saturday didn't find any though. Soon as it warms up again I'll be back.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.