Morel update

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by s_man, Apr 23, 2009.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Went out yesterday and found over 150. All from one patch about 25 square yards.
    Never seen anything like it before lol.

Attached Files:

2. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just might have to take a walk through the woods this week myself after seeing that, good haul man, nothing like beer battered morels deep fried to complement any meal.:wink:

Hey, for you and anyone else here's a little tip, use mesh bags, it lets the spores out of the mushrooms when your walking out of the woods, giving you a better chance of finding more in the same spots, or close too, so keep that in mind next time you go to head out, just might make things easier for you in the future.

3. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Thanks for the report! I'll be going this weekend up here in toledo area.

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Those are some nice black ones. Hopefully its a banner year. Talke to Dad tonight he went out to one of our black spots near New Lex and didn't find any. Must be warmer down by Crooksville.

5. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    nice haul!

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice bunch of shrooms Skip! Thanks for making me hungry lol I love the black ones, just wish they were bigger and thicker.:cool2:

7. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah My Grandfather was saying how he found the same thing over at the family farm. He said Its been a few years since he has seen them like this.
    He also said " Its been a while since we had this good of a soaking rain right off the bat in the spring ! " I bet thats what it is too.

Nice haul on the Shrooms !!!!!
    Matt AKA DESODE

8. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats a nice patch!My little boy Randy an i Found a spot in our yard ! came home with 5 Pretty cool.An we found 16 in a ladies yard while mowing the lawn.This weekend goes to mushroom huntin .

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im so glad this is a fishing site:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: or I would be afraid very afraid LOL

10. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Got me 15 greys last night while spreading mulch for a customer...??

Looked at my normal spots and seen nothing!!

11. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This should be the best year ever. The conditions here are perfect. I've found several pounds the last 2 times I went out. My buddy and I were going to go to one of our favorite spots the day before yeasterday, and decided that since it was too muddy to drive back through the field we need to cross to get to it that we'd go somewhere else. The next day his cousin went there and found almost 30 pounds!! this guy hunts them religously, and he said he's done for the year because he wont need anymore. I've never seen anything like it. I have'nt found one black one but everything else is coming up at the same time. greys, dog peckers and yellows.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thanks Jack:wink:

13. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    30 pounds? Now thats a mushroom patch! I took my mother out that day, and she was just tickled to find what we did, that close to her house. If we had stumbled onto a 30lb patch I would have had to call an ambulance.
    Thanks for the story.

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I still count in numbers not pounds, lol
    Found thirty nice yellows yesterday. About a week early around here for them in any great numbers. They looked like they had been up for a few days, but it was the 80 degree wind that did it. Boy they sure taste good.:smile2:

15. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Found 40 gray's yesterday in Northern Indiana on the Michigan state line. Growing up around my girlfriends parents lake house. Had to crawl under the old boat to pick a few. This is a first for me.

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    That some good eats!

I don't they exist out here in eastern PA:angry::embarassed:.

17. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've been going out in short trips. Not much time to spare. I've been finding about a pound at a time. I'm still finding fresh dogpeckers, greys and yellows at the same time. I found a nice patch of oysters. I sauted them and made a gravy, then poured them over a well seasoned medium rare ribeye last night. Then I ate the leftovers for lunch. They were AWESOME!.