Morel Mushrooms anyone?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by davidv, Mar 29, 2006.

1. davidv

davidv New Member

State:
    ohio
    I plan to post a few reports as the season gets into full swing and would really appreciate any reports from you guys too. I know better than to ask where, but announcing the appearance of morels in your general vicinity helps with knowing the progress of the season.

I'll be hunting in the Dearborn/Ohio county area in SE IN.

Dave

2. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Temperatures should be up the next week or two, and i expect the mushrooms to follow. I will post when i find some. I live in SW IN, in Evansville.

3. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    David,

I live in Ohio county and I really don't know where many are, but i do know that Jefferson county has quite a few from what I hear.

4. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    north/west illinois, knox county. i start serious hunting 2nd week of april
    plenty of moisture here, just need some heat. can't wait, hoping for a season like 2004. never saw so many 'shrooms in my life!
    catwacker

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll be darned Larry, I live in Knox county Ohio. And thats when I get serious. You can be sure that I will let the guys know when I find some!lol :)

6. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I'm going to get into mushroom hunting this year. I love eating morels but just havent ever had anyone to show me how to find them. I think I'm just going to do some exploring this year and see what I can find. Good luck to all of you.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    we are finding them now in mcdonald county missouri.

8. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I went out after work and found 17 in about an hour or two. Most of my good spots were destroyed by the tornado last year. Air temp has been in the mid 70's the last 2 days. Not sure what the ground temperature is. It was weird being there, theres all kinds of siding, shingles, baby toys, clothing, and papers scattered throughout the woods and stuck in trees.

Next week or two should be best. Let me know if you guys find any.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      48.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
  9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    good going podster,thx for the heads up! next week should be the start up here,if it dont turn cold again.

10. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Heading to Illinois 4/15 around Springfield. My buddy's uncle has a big farm with lots of woods there. I've never seen the place. Hopefully it's good timing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

11. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    My Dad used to say that you needed a few 50 degree nights before they would popup.

12. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I love looking for them (don't usually find many), but I really love eating them & washing them down with an ice cold bud light. :D

Eric

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used to love to hunt Morels..Now I have such limited free time I have to chose mushroom hunting or catfishing, catfishing always wins out.;)

14. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    I like finding them ones the size of soda cans,usually start finding them around the first week of turkey season in late april,this year im sure they will be up a week or 2 earlier..only place i ever find them is on the side of spoil bank hills and in the gullys where there is alot of pine trees...my eye sight is to bad to find them smaller ones lol

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    you got it brother,thats when i start to findum.

16. goose1

goose1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    look on the south side of hills

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  19. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    what ya need is a buddy that turkey hunts and mushroom hunts at the same time. i got a welder buddy that spends plenty of time in missouri turkey huntin. he always brings me back mushrooms. :cool: