more trophy flatheads caught in ohio lakes or ohio river

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bluesport77, Apr 30, 2008.

1. bluesport77

bluesport77 New Member

State:
    Canton, Ohio
    what do you guys think is there more trophy flatheads caught in our ohio lakes or the ohio river?? ive never fished the river before all i fish are lakes for flathead and my experience doing so has been predominatley trophy after trophy. i have only ever caught two small flatties one 15#s and one 25#s everything else has tipped the scales from high 30's to 65.5#s! whats your opinion??

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    rivers for sure my pb shovelhead 30lb was caught on the great miami river. you also have the scioto muskingum, the ohio maumee licking tuscarawas Walhonding and Hocking rivers provide good shovelhead action rick

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    welcome to the boc from dayton ohio bluesport

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    The MWCD lakes are known for their trophy Flatheads. However, I caught several in the 20-30# range and a couple up to the 40's from the Ohio River last year.

5. bluesport77

bluesport77 New Member

State:
    Canton, Ohio
    see thats the thing i think youll have numbers coming from the rivers but your definetly getting the true trophies from the lakes and right now is the time to catch one of them real big jokers since their really startin to bear down on eatin to put on weight before the spawn you might just get one a night if that from the lake but if you do id bet its gonna be in the 30# range or better

6. Fishermanjn

Fishermanjn New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey I live in columbus ohio, I fish buckeye lake all the time. They say it is one of the best lakes for flatheads. I have had no luck. Have you ever fished it? do you have any tips? Or maybe know a good lake to go to. or have any tips please

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I don't know anything about Buckeye Lake, but if you wanted to travel east to areas Like Salt Fork, Tappan Lake, Clendening Lake, etc. I am sure you could find someone ithe area to fish with you that knows the lakes.

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    By far the LAKES...

:007:

9. BG CAT

BG CAT New Member

State:
    Westerville OH
    Here is a web site that can help you gage the rivers vs the lakes in ohio. Robbie Robison fishes the Muskingum watershed lakes (Piedmont, Clendening, Salt Fork). State record is from Clendening lake??

http://www.stormpages.com/katchaser/index.html