MORE ON THESE 150 POUND CATFISH

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by SGTREDNECK, May 22, 2009.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    GREETINGS FROM FOB SALERNO AFGHANISTAN,
    OK SO I BELIEVE THERE ARE 150 PLUS POUND CATFISH OUT THERE. WHY WOULDN'T THERE BE IF WE ARE CATCHING THEM OVER 100.(WELL NOT ME.YET!)
    I WAS READING SOME SAYING THAT A 150 LB CAT CAN EAT A 20 LB FISH, AND NOONE FISHES WITH BAIT THAT BIG. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST CIRCLE HOOK PEOPLE HAVE USED AND THE BIGGEST BAIT. WHAT ABOUT THE STRONGEST LINE.
    I PERSONALLY TOOK THAT TO HEART AND AM PURCHASING SOME 150LB POWER PRO AND 20/0 HOOKS AND AM GOING TO FISH FOR THE MONSTERS. I WILL DO THIS WITH ONE POLE ONLY ON EVERY TRIP FROM NOW ON. DOES ANYONE THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. OR AM I JUST WASTING MY HARD EARNED MONEY?
    HERE IS A LINK SO YALL CAN SEE THE BOAT I JUST PURCHASED FROM EBAY.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...10392075560&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123
    WILL THE MONSTER ROD HOLDERS MOUNT IN THIS TYPE OF BOAT?
    WELL GOOD LUCK FISHING TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE. HOPE TO GET SOME PEOPLE THINKING WITH THIS ONE. OVER AND OUT!

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    That's a nice rig.
    I often wonder if it would be worth putting a big bait out; something like a fresh 20" skipkack. Might not get a hit for a year or two but when you do......
    Take care out there...W

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    And a big shout out from MO. Hey Rock pile!!!!! Be Glad when ya home safe and sound. Been over in Iraq myself. Yea I do think they are in the Miss And Mo Rivers still. Hooked one last year in a 30 ft hole that spooled me. Was fishen with a 12 inch dead big head slashed up and head hooked with 9/0 octo. I also have had 9/0 hooks pulled out in that area on set lines. Yea Yea yall thinking logs-- logs dont head aross and up river lol. Just a case point that blue in my avatar was pulled out that same hole a week before on 25 lb test and a dead bighead for bait. I have lost a couple of fights in that area with fish. The section I fish is to full of junk so the setliners dont set there. Be safe out there Sgt. And when ya get home send me a message would be happy to take ya fishen any day.

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

First-WELCOME TO THE BOC.Don,t sound like a bad idea,it aint gonna hurt nothing to try,who knows?I think everybody out there who,s fished for big cats for a while has had one they couldn,t get in for one reason or another,snapped the line,spooled you,got into a snag,pole snapped,etc,etc.One of them may have been THE ONE.Theres always something out there that aint been explored yet.Good luck on your giant cat quest Andrew.This way if you do break some records,you,ll be able to tell em-I told you so!!:cool2:

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey why not,i say go for it,at least you know if something does hit on it ,its not going to be small.Makes sense to me i hope it works out for ya.And by the way,thanks for what your doing for us over there brother much appreciated,god bless ya.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i think its a good idea, but you better have a poll thats huge that wont break, and you better lift weghts, and get the biggest baddest reel they make, not a waste of time if your having fun, personaly, if i lved in altone and had the money and time, id be right along with you, or you can fish the mekong for 1000 pounders

7. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good luck, and hopefully youll get one and we can see a picture of it.