More Ming Yang discussion...

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Jan 11, 2010.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just thought I would run this by everyone..In the last week I had a post asking help on some new rod and reel deals..In doing so,Ming Yang seem to be suggested quite frequently,which ended up convincing me to purchase 2 of these..Well,on the actual Ming Yang site the suggested retail was 49.99 (I am almost %100 positive). As of today,it looks as if they raised the price to $63.00 for a suggested retail..I bought mine from Stingray tackle..Which is still at $45.99 but I am guessing they will be following the price increase soon,so if you were planning on buying them,I would call them and make sure they are not increasing with them! Just thought I would let ya's know.. :) I could be absolutely wrong..

2. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well since I was 15 years old,I have been paying 15 bucks for one whole catfish combo from walmart..And would usually buy at least 1 per year! This year I think I have stepped it up quite a bit and spent a little over 75 per combo..I did a TON! of research..Tried to weed out the posts from people who are "true to brands" (which we all are,so it is understandable..ie: abu or nothing!)..And find some reels that I could afford and had plenty of quality..I think ,according to the several posts(from people who have actually bought them and used them) I have made a really great decision..Only time will tell!

3. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I also dont think i could switch to a ming yang BUT my lil bro just bought one and the overall look resembles and abu and i was quite impressed just playing with it in my hand....guess we will see what the season does for it?

4. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    I have seven ABU Garcia Ambassadeur 6501's and I would not trade them in on either the Ming Yang or the Cabelas reel.

Having said that, I think I would prefer the Ming Yang over the Cabelas reel. I don't like a graphite reel and I need left hand retreive.

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I have an abu i would probably trade for a ming yang. Old ones suck.