More Member Involvement In The BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Jul 12, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey guys I was wandering about all the other members that I see post in other areas Iwas wandering if there was a way that we could get them more involved in the day to day activities( example :members world disc.) all over the BOC not just under there state forums Example I see folks been here for A year and only post once a month is it because they dont realize how much more this site is or just because they dont want people to get to know them better i have become pretty familiar with the daytime and night shift around here but there are a lot more people that I would like to see posting as well just a thought I also had NO clue about the members world discussion till I seen a thread from Paul himself asking for support for this forum a while back to get people more involved in it just some food for thaught

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i dont think some people realize this is a community.....i think they think that nobody is on here as much as us...

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Well I'll try to start posting more.:smile2:

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good post, as a new member I think it is not as easy to navigate the site until you learn more about it. Alot of members only check their state because that is all they care about as well.

The easiest way to keep up with everything is just to click the "New Posts" button when you log on. You can scroll down and real all the new threads and posts.

It may just take time and opening up by some members. But they will get here brother, and we will be waiting on them.

5. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    To each his own. Some people like reading more than typing. I like both. I'm sure if they have been members for a year they know of the other forums and chose to only post in select areas. I myself just look at the new threads and look in the ones i find interesting. I try to post on the ones I think I can add something or the ones where the brothers need our support.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Its alright RIP Not you guys I have gotten to know and enjoy talkin with you guys. But the people that I see on this forum are here alot and Im not complaining about that but we are a small percentage of the members and I wasnt posting very much either till I seen Paul ask for support of some of the other areas of the BOC I would have never even known it was here cause everything that I thought I wanted was way up there on the forum list

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    It'd help if that guy Tea would open up and not be so shy,maybe post a little bit... :roll_eyes:

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    There are quite a few menbers on this site, With any community there is always a core amount of people that will tune in on just about any subject. I think it is more about personality traits then anything else.

9. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    heck i know after the recordbreaking chat we had ALOT OF NEW people started comming into the chat room....

like before there would be under 10 but now its not uncommon to have 15 people in there

but yeah more people that join need to get more involved in here

Jeff

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I think that it's safe to assume that it takes time for a person to learn his/her way around, and then more time to feel comfortable. Many people probably feel intimidated by the chatter of the regulars, and feel reluctant to step in. Others may be afraid of being judged by asking what they may feel to be stoopid questions :crazy: , or pehaps they believe that they don't posses sufficient knowledge to add to the mix. And some, like me, are men of few words (but the ones we use are generally pretty good).

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Some people may just have a busy life. I know when my Sons was in school, we had something everyday going on. Base ball, football, scouts, camping , just all kinds of stuff.
    Then by time we got home, dead tired, shower, food, house chores bed and start over next day. LOL.
    Time may be some of it. Some may not have time to surf the whole site but with support, its there when they do. Plus all of the above post reasons.

12. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    GOOD POST. As a newer member trying to learn your way around is confusing. And posting good info and when to join in and have fun takes time.

13. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Thanks for the replies guys I was just wandering if I should be out telling members about this forum who may not have known about it I spend a lot of time on other forums at all times of the night and day on this site and there are tons of members that ive never heard of and I was thinking that they only post so much because they might not know what else we had to offer I was thinkin bout bringin the message in subtle ways to boost up member participation Kind of like the CIA of the BOC

14. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Ok example would be when i see one of the lesser known members on another forum shoot them a PM thank them for participation introduce myself and invite them to talk about other issues with us it may even help with donations. Think about it before you reply it makes sense to me. But so did a lot of other bad decisions Ive made:0a36:

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have been a member for four years and the B.O.C. has always had members that will only post in one section. I have seen as many as 700 post in one area alone, made by the same members, talking about the same old stuff, seems to me as they are using the B.O.C. as a telephone. This is not up to you or I to worry. We will continue to spread the wealth around and enjoy this site. Thanks for this post!!

16. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I used to not post in other 'State' areas, but now I do. Maybe we can promote more involvement by doing that sort of thing.

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    If I sign on everyday there is always 2 to 3 thousand new oosts. If I miss a few days it's unreal. I usually run thru and read the ones I'm interested in. With reading all of that it doesn't leave a lot of time to post. But as you can see I do jump in occasionaly.

18. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I have noticed certain state specific areas get a lot of attention. I usually don't post too much in the IL one, because it doesn't get too much feedback. It would be nice if people would branch out a little bit more. It sure wouldn't hurt anything.

19. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    All the above statements about why people don't post are probley close to right but I for one sometimes don't feel like what I have to say is of interest to anyone so when I come on I read until something strikes me then I post

20. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    And then there are those of us that dive right in. Me? A regular? I wasn't even a member two months ago.

Stoopid questions? Pretty sure I have asked a couple. Had them answered very kindly too.
    Anyone have what they think "might" be a stupid question? PM me and I'll ask it if I don't know the answer.

Sufficient knowledge? I have enough to get myself in trouble...
    I do have a little bit, and what I have I will freely share. Most of my knowledge isn't specific to catfishing (grew up bass fishing), but some of it does cross over and is pretty useful.

I do tend to talk on the Missouri State channels, but most of that is talk about our specific waters or how the fish are acting in our own state. My first post was a freefall dive into the Missouri Lakes channel about where the shad were in Lake of the Ozarks at the time.