More Lake Chickamauga blue catfish 6/23

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cheez, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Al and I went out again yesterday chasing the blue cats. We caught them! They are still in the same areas and are still stacked up. We managed to catch over 200 pounds of fish with most being in the 8 to 12 pound range. Big fish was a 26 pounder. All caught on either skipjack or chicken breast.

Cheez

Attached Files:

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    John, were ya'll fishing during the day or at night? Looks like you have found your honey hole for sure. Way to go buddy!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jim I marked that picture with the good background and we will take my toon and search until we find his honey hole. :lol:

That is some good catching for sure

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like another great day on the water. I think I am going down there this week hopefully there will be less boat traffic.

5. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Willard, we are ready to go when you are, just let us know.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Jim I was going for an alnighter this week end but they sent me the wrong parts for my thermostrates as mine or your motor doesn't carry a thermostate it has another system in it. I had to get the two gaskets out of seattle wash and it will be the 22nd before they get here.:angry: I may be hollering at you as if I can get it together next sat evening we will drop it in at nickajack.

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Jim we started at 6 am and were out of there by noon when it was getting real hot and the fun crowd was getting cranked up with their jetskis and cruisers.

Cheez

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    John do you ever fish below the dam?

9. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    The only time I have fished below the dam has been down at Raccoon Mtn and below down to Mullins Cove. My personal best blue came from the main channel at Mullins cove. We usually fish for eaters and with the consumption restrictions below the dam we mainly stay up in the lake. I dearly love fishing down in the gorge as I believe it to be one of the most beautiful and peaceful places on the Tennessee River.

Cheez

10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Willard I am sending you a PM.

John, Judy and I were down at Raccoon Mountain pump station this afternoon, just sitting in the truck and enjoying watching the river go by. We love the river there and we go there about twice a week to sit and have lunch or just sit.