More Info On AnchorMate 40, Please

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Gordhawk, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have a DeckHand 40 anchor winch and wouldn't be without it. I don't know how much current you're talking about,but I have never had a problem with my winch having plenty of power for the waters I fish in. I fish the Mississippi River in Pool 19 North of Keokuk,Iowa. If I can help you in any other way don't hesitate to ask,either on this thread or PM me if you want to. I'm sorry,I just noticed you were talking about the AnchorMate 40,which I know nothing about. Mine is made by MinnKota.

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The rope feeds right onto the spool in the winch. You don't have to worry about messing with the rope at all. All you do is push a button to lower the anchor and it will stop feeding rope out automatically when the anchor hits the bottom. Then to bring the anchor in you just push the button and the rope feeds directly on the spool until the anchor is docked in the winch. As I said earlier since I have had my winch I would never do without one again. If you're able to push a button that's all of the manual labor you have to do. If I can assist you anymore don't hesitate to ask.