MORE ELWOOD ACTION!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bownero, Jun 21, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well it's another weekend about gone and the fishing was pretty darn good Saturday morning at Elwood Res. in Nebraska. My long time fishing buddy "Al" and myself were back at it, tackling the cats once again. We were off to a slow start and then it was like magic, the clouds started rolling in, "cloudy sky" and the fish were biting. Al reeled in a 10lb 10oz. Channel on turkey liver and another 5lb'r. I was really happy for him!! Al's luck has been really good these last few weeks. Then it was my turn. I caught 4 nice channels on bloodbait and 1 striped bass hybrid "wiper". the biggest of the cats was 7lb. 14 oz. Another nice cat. the others ranged in weight from 3 to 6 lbs. and the wiper was actually snagged on the hook. I thought it was a big cat when the dragged started screamin'! Got the fish on top and saw it was a Wiper around 5 lbs. All fish were released and I have a couple of pics to share with the BOC members.

Thanks and tight lines to all!!
    Mark.

Attached Files:

2. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats...:wink::wink::wink:

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like y'all had another great trip, thanks for the report and pics.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats Mark, sounds like a nice trip. Them wipers can pull like a mule can't they.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    thanks!! Speaking of wipers, here's a couple of pics of mine PB Wiper I had mounted. This fish was a horse to reel in, because of the fast current in the inlet of Johnson Lake. This guy ripped off approx. 80yds. of line like it was nothing. I had the drag set fairly loose, because Wipers have the reputation of breaking line and hooks with there mean strike. Yeah, it was a blast!!

check it out.
    Thanks.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1507079#post1507079

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice mount dude. If your ever in this country i'll take ya to Beaver lake. Huge stripers and lots of em. I love it when they get on top water baits.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Heck Ya John!! I'll keep that in mine!! I would love to reel in a big Striper. that would be iciing on the cake for me!! Sounds like a blast!!:big_smile:

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice channels.