More dissapointment from my lake!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Indysfinest22, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Indysfinest22

Indysfinest22 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Well last night me and my buddy sat out for a night of fishing on our favorite spot at my place, we decided we were gonna stick it to em all pull out all the stops for this adventure, we started by chumming the area, and then batited up all TEN of our rods, spread out at various distances,angles,and depths, and each with a different bait then we would focus our use on the bait that got the most attention. We were armed with livers,crawlers, shrimp, salmon, homemade dough, store bought dough, some punch bait, chubs and gills. Within 20 minutes we began getting some pecks and it never stopped. Well long story short whatever we were doing was making the snapping turtles happy cause we landed 5 big ones, and the were disposed of, but the only cat caught was one bullhead that went about 7 inches, just more confusion and dissapointment put on my plate after last night. now im left wondering WHY and HOW??

2. skipjack1984

skipjack1984 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i know the feeling brother i've been skunked the last three nightsin a row i guess it can only get better though. right? lol

3. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Im no expert but my lake temp running about high 80s to 90 degree and i caught nothing this weekend i blame the heat:sad2:

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Sounds like a sad night!:sad2:.

5. skipjack1984

skipjack1984 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    hell we got to blame it on somethin right snakeman :smile2:

6. 89Ricky89

89Ricky89 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had the same luck two nights ago, I think they are finishing up with the spawn. At least I hope that's the problem!

7. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    sorry for that sad night yall thinking they still maybe of spawn still

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    thats what chumming will get ya turtles!!! every time!!! :smile2:

9. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I say Spawn,weather are the two biggest factors right now. Try another location...Seems like the whole Midwest is slow

10. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Yep, that's been my experience with any kind of chumming for catfish.

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    its almost been that kinda year all year for me.i think its all the rain and funky weather we have had at least in my neck of the woods.Ive never had this much trouble in my life.

12. Indysfinest22

Indysfinest22 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have no idea whats goin on, earlier this year like late may early june we were gettin some nice blues n channels from the spot but nothin since just a stragglin bullhead occasionally, I think they may still be doin a lil spawnin, due to them all starting at different times from eachother, Im just disgusted about it, and its not just my lake, the 2 other spots iv got arent hot yet either. All bad things must come to an end, i set my bait out about 2 hrs ago to thaw out and im thinkin about puttin in a lil more bank time, its just hard to get motivated!!

13. ronniethomas

ronniethomas New Member

State:
    iowa
    you might try it again without chumming you already know that it draws the attention of turtles and with that many around your lines it prob scared away most of the fish that were there and any from comming in too close. good luck to ya

14. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    screw paylakes, unless they got massive blues thats all cpr,