More Cub Scout Brags...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by elphaba7, Jun 17, 2006.

1. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    The twins finished up their week of camp last night. It was just a day camp, as they are still too young to stay over. They did archery, bb shooting, ecology conservation, nature, handicrafts, songs and skits, swimming and fishing. Guess who caught the only fish of the week? That's right, Ethan Rollison, Master Angler, :cool2: That kid is a fishing fool! Get this...he was mad they would let him keep it (bluegill) for bait! :tounge_out: Eli has been in a cast since the beginning of May (he broke his thumb really bad and has pins in it), and he is going to get a special award for how hard he tried all week. He was the only kid with a "handicap" and the instructors said he did better than some of the other boys.

There was an awesome Native American dance and drum circle by the Order of the Arrow, a salute to our veterans and current enlisted men and women where the boys could got up and stand to represent their loved one who might be absent, and of course the closing bonfires and skits and songs by each den.

We had a great time, I am totally exhausted, and the boys are sad it's over for the year. I'd like to thank everyone who was supportive to us this past year, and will know beg for tips and songs and games to play next year, as I have signed up for Den Mother...and I can't wait!:big_smile:

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I forgot to add the Ethan wanted to go night fishing when we got home last night! :waaaht: Momma Bear was WAY to tired...but we are on for tonight.:wink:

And I got stung by a bee for the first time in my life! Oooowwwwweeee!

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wow, Jen, you're lucky you haven't had the bee experience before now. So glad the boys are enjoying their scouting. Good luck on your fishing trip tonight and your stint as den mother this coming year!

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tell the boys congrats for their achievements!!! Good Luck fishing tonight!!!

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thank you for sharing your family and trip.I enjoyed it and I t really made me feel good.peewee-williams

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Congatulate the cubs from me. That's what it is all about. I have fond memmories of my boys in scouts.