More corn... catfish bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by jcozee1, Mar 9, 2006.

1. jcozee1

jcozee1 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Hey all, I am gonna go fishing in about 12hrs with some corn mixed with vanilla, and corn mixed with strawberry kool-aid and garlic powder. Will post results.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good luck, I hope you catch some.

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I have caught several channels while using corn for carp and also caught the biggest bullhead of my life on some corn. Good luck to ya and tell us how you do.

4. jcozee1

jcozee1 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Well, didn't get the results wanted, cuz the river was up too high so we were not there very long. We are going again tomorrow at a different spot of the river. The spot we are going to tomorrow is a better spot. It definitely has some way bigger catfish and more bass. Will post results of this trip. Should be good.

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If the water is high, give chicken livers a try, they have always worked for me when the water is up and muddy. Good luck.

6. jcozee1

jcozee1 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Well today i caught 2 baby flatheads and my friend caught 1 baby flathead. The bad results from yesterday was because we went to a bad spot. The spot we went to yesterday is only good in the summer or at night in the summer. Anyway we are gonna go tomorrow and I miight have some chicken livers. The best luck I've had with chicken livers down there is by not putting anything on them or mixing them with anything. I haven't really combined chicken livers with anything so does anybody have any suggestions on what i should put on them?? Will post results.

7. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    CATNIP... seriously though, I have combined raw unshelled shrimp, chicken livers and worms or cut bait on one hook. That way it covers all the angles. I have taken the raw shrimp and marinated them in the excess chicken liver blood which semed to work well. Good luck

8. jcozee1

jcozee1 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Thanks for the tip. I will try that sometime. I am gonna go in the morning with a friend or two.

9. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i always mix my bait on the hook that way when the old cat swims by he say oh all you can eat at one place:)

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    put some garlic powder on your liver cats like the garlic.you can mix it in the tub it comes in or in a plastic zip loc bag..It would be better if you could cure your liver with salt and garlic powder first but its not hot enough outside to do that yet.At least not here where i live.

11. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    I have never mixed anything on my livers... good ole chicken livers out in the sun for a good day or 2 is all it takes.. even if u cant get sun the heat makes em nasty anyway..

12. jcozee1

jcozee1 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Well yet again we didn't catch anything. river got higher, too high, and it was too windy.
    here it has been raining for the past 3 days and it is supposed to rain even more. Thanks all for the info though.

13. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Have never mixed liver with anything. But from what I read today I think that i might try it some day

14. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    COOL Good luck:cool:

15. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hang in there Joshua, we'll have some good fishing weather one of these days. My dad used a lot of corn on trot lines many years ago. I might try it for bait if you have any luck.