More Channels

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Shawn, May 5, 2008.

1. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    I decided to go fishing last night and called up bigheck for some Osage night fishing. When we got out there the bites were alittle slow and we landed a few wipers. Around 10:00pm my wife landed a 13 pound channel which is the biggest fish ever for her. About 30 mins later I landed a 13 pound channel. Both fish were 30 inches and came in at 13 pounds. I have a few pics I am going to put up but the fish I caught is on my avatar.

2. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Ok I also have to say that I will not go fishing without bigheck because he is insane. Erik jumped in the lake to help me land the 13 pound cat.

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    good work y'all !! yeah Shawn, its always good to have a good net man. Lucky & me have been fishin together for so long that when a fish is on we somehow know what the other is gonna do which really helped when we both hooked on to our pb flattys on the Kaw last year

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    sounds like alot of fun glad to see someone catching the big channels

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Sounds like you all had a great time. You have one heck of a net man if he is jumping in the lake to net your fish. Congrats to your wife on her new pb channel.

Tom

6. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    We had a blast bringing them in. I was using 17lb test with 4/0 circle hooks. Both were pulling drag big time. bigheck jumped in with shoes and socks on and grabbed the fish. the spot we were in had some big rocks out in front of us and erik didnt want the fish to get snagged or break the line. We are in our first year fishing together and so far we have landed 19lb, 2 13lb, 5lb, 3lb. hey thorr maybe sometime in the future you can come down and land a few with us.

7. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    My wife hated catfishing until she put up a good fight with the 13lb. I used a rapala digital scale to get the weight.

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i been wantin to meet up w/ y'all but im still waitin on jiffy lube to send the checks for the mowing so far. when i get my money you bet i'll be out there w/ y'all !!

9. bigheck

bigheck New Member

State:
    kansas
    Two great fish!!! Next time I'll bring my scubba gear!! Gotta make it up JJ

10. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Well I won a homerun derby in slowpitch softball and got a free 30 pack of Bud light and me and erik was slowly killing them. The only problem is when I go to take a drink I get a bite and it takes me about 3 mins to get back to my beer.:smile2:

11. bigheck

bigheck New Member

State:
    kansas
    Those dang fish

12. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Sounds like a good time had by all. Can't wait for my wife to tie-in to a good one like that.

13. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Tiny B the funny thing is I have been fishing for 14 years and this is my biggest channel, and this is her 3rd channel ever. In time she will get her one.

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Me and Jake (MillertimeMarine) was out there this past Saturday night, we didnt do any good. Hoping this weather will shape up , so I can get back out there.

15. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    I just got back from Osage today and I hooked a 6lb and a 9lb channel.

16. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    Hey Keith, I might head out there again this weekend if you or anybody else is interested.

17. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    I might be out there this weekend. I will see if bigheck is coming down. I might have a new boat and wont have to fish off of the bank. :big_smile:

18. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Hey Jake where do you guys fish when you are out there?

19. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    we just tried off a couple of piers. one off of loop 5 on the north part of the lake then we tried a pier pretty close to the dock. it was cold as **** when we went so i think thats why we didn't catch anything. plus i was pretty unprepared tackle and bait wise.

20. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    Keith and his girl had a few bites though.