More Cannelton

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by OhioRiver, Jun 13, 2009.

1. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I caught these today. 12 lbs and 8 lbs... and had a 4 lber flop off my weight scales back into the water.

Attached Files:

2. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Thats the way to do it. You've really been working hard out there Eric. Congrats on the cats and many more to come.

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrads on the cats

4. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana

Thanks man. The hard work is walking the half mile to get to the spot... everything else is fun! haha. I have caught every single flathead this year on a 6 inch chartreuse plastic minnow with a 2 or 3 oz jighead. I cast along the bank because theres car sized limestone boulders that they dumped there to help with the dam. It gives em plenty of places to hide. Those cats strike hard when they bite. I catch a lot more stripers than cats, about 3 times as many stripers (3-7 lbs usually). Its all fun though.

Heres a 10 lb gar I pulled in too. it was fun. It walked across the water on its tail and jumped over my other line. Not a good angle, but hey. oh well. lol

On another note, that brings my flathead total this year to at least 7. and 4 lbs is my smallest. Ive hooked some big ones there, but things didnt work out. lol

Attached Files:

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    wow thats a big gar there .... seems like ur on the flatties now ... next thing u know ull be guiding people for the flats or gar. lol keep the pictures coming maybe ill get up there one day and ull show me how its done. reps to ya man

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you seem to have found a good spot.. just think if you were throwing some live shad at'em

7. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks all. Im gonna try to get down there again tomorrow. Next time Im bringing a real camera haha. This is the best year for cats Ive ever had! Im loving it.

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good Luck... I hope ya catch a Hawg

9. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    how you catch a hawg in the water i thought they were land animals

10. rspd507

rspd507 New Member