more bad weather coming in KS

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by PHLIPS4BIGKATS, Jun 4, 2008.

1. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Be prepared anyone who isnt already aware.

Any one lives in Northeastern Ks already knows what bad weather we recieved on Monday with soft ball size hail. (picture below) Please be prepared for worse weather on thursday, we are looking at 20-30 tornados in the KS possibly. (WIBW-Weather)

Starting around sometime late afternoon on Thursday through friday am.

Just wanted to let anyone know if they are heading out to Milford early, you might want to wait until friday. or head to Jim's house:smile2::eek:oooh::wink: this one is suppose to be BAD!

This is one Hail stone I recovered while I was at work on Monday it measured 3 1/2 in.

Attached Files:

2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    We didn't go out tonight, winds were up around 25mph. The lake is currently 4+ft above normal. Yesterday we fished up by the river mouth (was running around 7000), caught a few Channels and one Blue, gar kept getting our bait before the Cats could.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thanks Chris. Yeah Ive been keeping my eye on weatherchannel.com and accuweather.com, I think we will head out there on Fri. morning. Just in time for biscuits and gravy at Jim's. :wink::smile2:

4. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well if Jims cookin b/g then maybe we should come a little earlier to.:smile2:

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That is hail from he!!. Man that will do some damage. I think that we will head out Friday mornin instead too. We probably would have gotten there too late to do much anyway. Hopefully the rest of the weekend is decent.

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    All you get for breakfast at my place is BEER, right Kyle?:smile2: I CAN'T STAND biscuits and gravy, specially if it's got that white stuff on'em :crazy::smile2:

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I have been getting updates from home. They say we got the hail back home. Several windshields busted out and 1/2 inch dents in a lot of cars. Dont know how bad any of my stuff is. Hopefully the weather doesnt get as bad as they are predicting. I dont want to come home to find everything trashed. Anyway everyone be safe and have a good time at the gathering!

8. SheLuvsCats

SheLuvsCats New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Chris, now you know your mother doesn't have a dent proof truck.......... So reserve me the space in your garage..............LOL.........I know, it's for your baby (BOAT)........... Keep that weather in a baggie and send it to someone a thousand miles away... I want to enjoy the weekend, not dodge ice bullets....... talk to you later....I am leaving here about noon.....See you later on today........:big_smile:

9. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Jim, thats breakfast,lunch and dinner at your place.:wink::smile2:

10. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    hold on to your hats tonight it will be bad sounds like

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    getting hammered right now

12. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Its supposed to get real bad tonight. They said that is is possible that some of the storms will be the worst in 30 years. We will see! Hopefully BOC gatherings arent cursed.:crazy:

13. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I visited with Tom (n2fishn) this am down at A loop. This afternoon I was over at the state park visiting with Calvin, he didn't find a place here at Curtis Creek. The storm hit while we were there, so I drove home, wasn't too bad:roll_eyes:, kinda windy going across the dam though:smile2:, nothing but rain and wind, no hail. Wasn't near as bad as they were predicting. According to weatherbug, we should be okay. Talked with Caleb(Mandingo) today, gonna try to save B 24 for him.
    Just talked with Keith, he's buying pizza, OF COURSE:roll_eyes:, didn't offer ME any though:smile2:.

14. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Here in topeka it wasnt as bad as they said it would be. Just alot of wind lots of wind.:cool2:

15. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    That stone would kill a man. I seen a metal roof full of holes out by Admire from that storm. Certainly have to be cautious and attentive to the weather man this time of year.

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks you guys for all your concerns of the BOC members at milford durning the storms on Thursday.

We were there but like Jim said we got lucky and the worst went around us at the Lake.
    Seen alot of wind and rain but that was it.

I want to thank Jim (catfishfever) for his offer to let us come to his house for shelter on Thurs if we needed,,,Much apprecitated

What a windy weekend it was.
    Took about the worse boat ride yesterday of my life.

17. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Glad you guys made it out in time for the hog Tom. That wind was somethin else. If a guy would have brought a surf board he would have had a blast.:smile2:

18. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    You can't blame me guys!! I never left Topeka. Glad everyone was safe!!