Morals

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by smokey, Apr 17, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know that Tennessee has moral mushrooms, but in what part of the state? I live in mid tenn. can I find them near me?
    smokey

2. saltfisher420

saltfisher420 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I was Turkey hunting in Monterey TN last weekend and we found a few, but a buddy of mine is a real pro on these and is guessing that they really haven't quite started coming up yet. We found them under dead or dying elm and sycamore trees, but I hear that they can be found around ash trees to down here. I would definitely be interested if anyone from this area has any other "tips" about these

3. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    When I saw this post a week or two ago I decided to research the subject as I was wondering the same thing. I found the site morels.com to be real helpful. I think that was the name. Anyway saltfisher is right on the tree types, ash and elms are best, but the season is over. I caught the tail end of it around april 15th-20th. I found my very first morels, about a dozen. Funny how when I looked for them when I lived in Michigan I never had any luck and that's supposed to be the morel capital. Never would've guessed they grew here. Glad I looked into it before I replied ;)